“great value hotel”

Ranked #45 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Bradford, United Kingdom
“great value hotel”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My friend and I have just spent 2 nights over the weekend at this hotel. It is a 5 minute walk to the shopping areas and there are some nice bars and restaurants close by. The hotel is clean and functional, the room was fairly small but fine for a couple of nights, we only used it for getting ready and sleeping in. The beds were comfortable and there was a wardrobe with enough coat hangers for 2 of us. The shower was powerful with plenty of hot water. We had a room at the back of the hotel 315 which was quiet with no road noise.
We had breakfast both mornings which was fine, there was a good choice of cooked food, cereal, fruit etc.
I would definately choose to stay at the Ibis again if I was returning to Liverpool

Room Tip: 315 was away from the road at the back of the hotel, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Paul Smith
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Great value for money and in a fabulous location - across the road from the cafes and bars of Albert Dock and less than a five minute walk to the shops of Liverpool 1. Very pleased with this budget hotel - clean, modern and quiet. On-site parking (very cheap) was also a great bonus. Brilliant choice for a night or two in the city with friends. Will definetely use again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at Ibis Hotel in Liverpool. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Kind regards,

Paul Smith
Assistant General Manager
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The hotel was great for the price. The location was good for the centre and the docks and the onsite car park was a bonus. We would stay there again if we go to Liverpool. We didn't have food there this time but the bar area was very pleasant.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Ibis Liverpool Albert Dock, I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The only issue I could find is the internet wi fi at some hotel areas, specially in the front area.

Maybe the restaurant could have more options, but this is not a problem of this hotel, but all Ibis.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisLiverpool, Manager at ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock - Liverpool One, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thanks for your review. My apologies for the issue you had with the signal strengh of our Wi-Fi in the lobby. Our complimentary Wi-fi works throughout the hotel, however there may have been a issue on the date of your stay with the router in the lobby area. I am glad that on the whole you had a good stay with us and this small issue did not have a negative impact on your visit. Hopefully we will see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.
Bradford
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We wanted a hotel near Albert Dock and with parking, so we chose the ibis Albert Dock.
Postives - Fantastic, friendly, organised staff! They clearly are the backbone of this hotel. I frantically looked for name badges to mention them but couldn't see them if I had, I would have listed everyone of them! Room, basic but clean, great shower and very comfortable bed. All you can eat breakfast was plentiful, hot and well serviced, good range of breads/cererals and hot food. Very busy (stayed over St Patricks Day weekend) but good atmosphere, mix of both young and old.
Negatives - Parking, first come first served, we found a spot but you have to loiter, but if you pop into reception they will arrange for you double park with someone. The Formule Hotel next door is a budget hotel, and attracts the budget style youngsters, which is ok but when we were on our way out about 8.30ish, there was a rather unsightly pile of vomit near the entrance, which was cleared by the time we came home (midnightish), I do think that it having this hotel so close to the ibis doesn't it any favours, plus it shares a reception area, having said that, they youngsters who we came across at breakfast were nice (definition of youngster, anyone younger than me!) Final neg, get a name badge, I want to name the nice guys!!
Yes I would recommend, its not luxury, chocolates under your pillows sort of place and they won't turn your bed down, but they will do everything in their power to make you feel good and make sure you enjoy your stay, its clean and location is brilliant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind review. My apologies for the unpleasant mess you had to see. I am pleased that the team had a positive impact to your stay with us, I will ensure that they have name badges on for the next time you visit so you can name them all personally. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind Regards Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

whata splendid location. Perfect ofr anything Liverpool central based. I was going to Birkenhead for a couple of days but the site was an ideal base. walking distance to all the attractions and only £3 per day to park.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed over for one night, last Saturday. Great location, cheap all day parking for just £3 and the best nights sleep i've had in ages! The breakfast was superb. The staff were particularly friendly and helpful. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I am also glad the team here gave a good impression of themselves. Kind Regards Paul Smith, Assistant Manager.