“thank you, Tate, for a good art fix!”
Review of Tate Liverpool

Ranked #39 of 207 things to do in Liverpool
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tate Liverpool presents displays of work from the national collection of modern and contemporary alongside special exhibitions. The collection embraces all media, from painting, drawing, sculpture and prints to photography, video and film, installation and performance. Entry is free except for special exhibitions. Open every day.
Chester, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“thank you, Tate, for a good art fix!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Courtesy of my membership,it was my third visit to the Mondrian and Nasreen Mohamedi Exhibition and thanks to two very helpful Tate assistants I really at last got the hang of these two artists! The lovely girl from Canada let me into the secrets of looking at Nasreen's work and I felt quite excited by gaining a greater understanding and appreciation of her art. Prior to this visit I had not felt at all interested in this section of the exhibition but I think I might go again soon! I also enjoyed a tour round the Biennial Exhibition so I had a good art fix!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disgraceful”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum visited the Tate on July 15 2014 and we were made to think that you pay to see all exhibitions when in fact you only pay to see one exhibition. We payed £17.50 to go to the 4th floor and look at an exhibition which we didn't bother going to see as we were bored out of our minds looking at folded towels and dangling bits of thread.
We then entered the gift shop which we liked, we look at a wooden toy/puzzle which you twisted and tried to flatten. We were interested in buying this then we looked at the price and it was £40. We were disgusted at this and would never return.

Scarborough, United Kingdom
192 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“If Mondrian is your thing, you'll love it.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I went here a couple of years ago and loved it. I didn't enjoy my latest visit as much which was to see Mondrian and his studios. Mondrian's art is called neo-plasticism, and consists of blocks of colour, usually red, yellow and blue in a black framework.
That's it really, they are all much of a muchness to me, and did nothing to stir my soul, which is what really good art should always do.
Alongside the Mondrians are works by Nasreen Mohamedi, but I found these to be rather dull.
If Mondrian is your thing, you'll love it, if not wait for the next exhibition.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Martin D
Neston, United Kingdom
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Not really my cup of tea”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Visited here one Friday with a group of friends, looking for a nice day out. Not really into art, if im completely honest, but it was set out really nicely and it would attract artists of this generation. Im quite a loud gal, and the gallery was really quiet, and, well, lifeless. It needed some sparkle of fun to interest me. I would recommend a visit though!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Thoughtful curation”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This Tate is unlike the others, being part of a lively docklands complex. The Mondrian exhibition was well curated, giving thought to making space for the windows which overlook the dock from which Mondrian left for America, the black rhythms of the square frames echoing the black lines separating colour in the paintings exhibited on the walls. The studio mock up was interesting but my favourite part was the compositions of squares of painted card from his studio.
The Biennial Exhibition, A Needle Walks into a Haystack, was fascinating: I saw old friends and met familiar works that I had not yet seen, which was a delight, and I was introduced to totally unfamiliar work. I cannot, however, fathom why there are so many Caulfields included when other artists are represented by one or two of their works, but that's a minor detail.