“Hidden heritage of Liverpool.”

Princes Road Synagogue
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

I'm amazed at the stunning architecture, colours and peacefulness of this building.
The tour guide was informative and unbiased, answering all questions with in depth information.
We were not rushed through but allowed to take everything in.

Regardless of anyone's race, religion, gender or age, this is Deffinately a must see - a gem hidden amongst the city..

1  Thank colinbeenie
"heritage"
"itinerary"
"explanation"

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Had a thoroughly enjoyable visit to this synagogue. The inside has to be seen to be believed. You have to book in advance but I would strongly recommend a visit. The guide who showed us around told us about the history of the place and also explained the services and what all the items used were for. All in all a very interesting visit.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

I and my wife were shown around this magnificent building by a member of the local jewish community who was acting as a guide. He was very informative. If you are visiting Liverpool don't forget to see this great building and do take the tour - it is well worth it!

5  Thank nickmiles56
Reviewed 17 October 2016

This older synagogue is next to other houses of worship and are quite impressive. You need to book an appointment to get a tour inside which has limited hours.

1  Thank Winstonthedog
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

From the pictures I've seen. I never got in. I went to the office door and rang the bell. A lady over the intercom asked me what I wanted and I said I was a tourist and wanted to come look around. She said just a moment. A man came to the door and was very friendly but said he was busy showing someone else around. He asked if I would come back in a half hour. I really wanted to see the place but didn't think it was worth doing that. I'm a 56 year old middle-aged man and it would have been nice if they would have asked me in and had me wait there. It was a hot day and it took me a bit of effort to get there. I thought it a bit strange for them to ask me to come back. Sort of like I'm not to be trusted.

2  Thank Scott S
PRShul, Member/Social Media Relations at Princes Road Synagogue, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Dear Scott,

I'm sorry you feel you weren't given the best reception when you came to visit us recently. I will find out who you will have spoken to and what their reasoning was for not allowing you in to wait. Sadly, with the world as it is we do have to be very security conscious so sometimes we do have to ask people to come back rather than letting them in to wait. I can assure you It will not have been a reflection on you personally. These sorts of thing are also why we suggest to people that it is better to ring the office in advance of a visit in order to book a tour so that one of our guides will be ready to show you around as soon as you arrive. It can be possible to be given a tour when turning up without a booking but it is not always guaranteed. We would still be more than happy to show you around the inside of the building if you are able to come back, so I hope you will be able to see the inside for yourself one day.