“We love it here!”

Speke Hall
Ranked #15 of 203 things to do in Liverpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Warrington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“We love it here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We have visited Speke Hall every year for the past 3 or 4 years. It is one of the most interesting atmospheric old halls we have visited. We enjoy looking round the fully furnished hall and a walk around the grounds. The staff are very knowledgable and interested in the estate.
There are very good facilities with the cafe and childrens play area. I believe there is a new maze which has opened since we last visited. You can walk around the estate and also sit on benches which overlook the Mersey and have a good view of the runway at Liverpool Airport, very interesting on a day with good weather.
What I have always found amazing is that this is an historical haven, so quiet and peaceful next to modern life, the airport etc... you would think you were in the middle of the countryside! We are visiting again shortly to see the house decorated for Christmas, I would thoroughly recommend this hall as a most interesting day out

Visited May 2011

• Turkish first
Livepool UK
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“National trust at its best !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We go there every year. Fabulous Elizabethen house furnished and well worth a visit on a rainy day

Visited August 2011
1 Thank CARLMLivepoolUK
Cheshire, United Kingdom
174 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,113 helpful votes
“This place is definately haunted !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

I have been visiting this hall since the 60's and I always get the impression that there are people from hundreds of years ago following you around. My opinion only,, I am always looking over my shoulder !!!

Visited November 2011
10 Thank RobsterWirral
Worcester, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Interesting house set in beautiful grounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

The estate was wonderful in autumn, we enjoyed the walks as well as a guided tour of the house.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank ejsibbit
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day Out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I did'nt really know what to expect from Speke Hall, I was visiting with two children aged 8 & 2 so pleasing both age groups can be quite a task! I decided on Speke Hall purely to visit the hall but what a suprise when you enter the grounds, there is so much to do! There is a fanastic play area which pleases all children and a great maze which we all had fun doing (and cheating) our way through! We then took the lovely long walk alongside the runway of John Lennons airport. The children were mesmorized, as was I watching the planes coming in to land and take off. The hall itself is great but definately not for the 2 year old, we did not spend an awful lot of time in there but went on to explore the grounds surrounding the hall, which are beautiful - there is even a lake to where you can feed the ducks! All in all, superb value for money (its around £25 for a family of four), and definately worth a visit!

Visited August 2011