“Excellent afternoon”

Speke Hall
Ranked #16 of 211 things to do in Liverpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Runcorn, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent afternoon”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We spent a very enjoyable, interesting and informative afternoon at the hall. The Victorian tour conducted by the most fabulous guide was excellent, the Victorian Christmas decorations were beautiful. On returning to the hall after a lovely cup of tea and a piece of 'wet nelly' we continued the tour, all the guides were very friendly and made a point of talking to you and passing all their wonderful knowledge on. We could not of found a more enjoyable way of spending a Sunday afternoon, thank you to all the wonderful volunteers at Speke Hall you made our day most enjoyable, merry Christmas to you all.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jackie F

• Turkish first
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“my brill time in speke hall!!!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

On Friaday i went to speke hall with my class.speke hall is an old Tudor house.It is absolutley AMAZING!we went to learn about the history of Tudors,how they lived,survived and more...

when we went we had a lovely lady who gave us a tour.she told us loys of intresting facts about the Tudors!how they dressed was big,frilly,puffy,fancy and did I mention a bit over the top!my favorite room will have been the parlor witch is basicly the living room!In the parlor watch out for the evedance of the Norris family and there may be a little something on the roof of the parlor to!

In my appinion I think that this is...THE BEST SCHOOL TRIP EVER so far in year 5!!!You should defanatly go there bnecause the grounds are exiting the secrets are facanating and the way it is built is...AMAZING!I loved it!!! (have a great time at speke hall)

By Grace Unsworth!

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Grace U
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Lovely house”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Hubby and I visited Speke Hall last week and it was lovely. The Christmas decorations made it look more like a home. I loved the Tudor features, the fireplaces. The Victorian wallpaper is amazing too, so well preserved.

The staff was very helpful, answering our questions and telling us stories. We'll visit again in the spring and summer. As we are members of National Trust, we can go as often as we like.

The coffee shop is great. We've tried Wet Nelly and I really enjoyed it.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Anca M
Liverpool, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“One of our favorites!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Ok its time to come clean, I'm a local but this fantastic house is one of our "go to" places and we visit probably at least once a month (we are national trust members but sometimes we just go for a walk around the grounds)
The house itself is magnificent and the only thing that can spoil a visit there is is the occasional easyjet flying overhead. It is a bit close to the airport but that can also be used to your advantage, wrap up well and walk around the grounds and watch the planes take off and land from one of the conveniently placed benches (take your camera for some fantastic shots)

Visited August 2013
2 Thank TedScholefield
Liverpool, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Spooky !!!!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

There's supposed to be the ghost of a lady who is reputed to have thrown a baby out of one of the bedroom windows. The reasons are mixed. One is that the lady was a maid servant who was trying to rescue the baby. The other is that the lady is the baby's mother, and she threw her baby to someone below. Either way, it seems the lady was trying to save the baby from something or someone.
I think they do ghost tours here too. Bet that would be really earie

Visited August 2013