“Lovley”

Miller and Carter
Ranked #119 of 1,812 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Asked the night before if we needed to book were told no but we might have to wait for an hour. Funny enough next night we were told we would have to wait for an hour <in the bar> although there where empty tables. After the 'bar hour' the meal was excellent

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Liked the look of this restaurant and asked how long for table for two. Told by hostess 20 minutes and decided to have drinks in the very comfortable lounge. You are given pager to alert you to when table ready after 45 mins my husband went to enquire why people were being seated before us. Hostess said she wasn't sure that we wanted table but we were given pager. !!! Were seated quickly and meal and service were faultless. Would go back. Just feel when restaurant make an error the offer of perhaps a free glass of wine would be appreciated.

2  Thank rivera1956
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We visited twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner. It is a little expensive, but the food is good. The atmosphere, right on albert dock, is great. The drinks were also alright but the cocktails contained a lot of ice. I liked the mocktails. Staff were friendly enough too.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

whilst they sell it as a steak house, there is plenty of other options - though it did appear they hadn't quite got the hang of cooking the sea bass (sent back as dry as a bone).

the service was great - very friendly even on a chaos busy day (sunday with the giants)

the food was all ok - nothing to write home about. the kids where happy with their macaroni cheese (yet another restaurant with no "healthy" kids options.)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I treated my partner to a birthday meal as he loved steaks and have heard good reviews from friends.

Liverpool was extremely busy that Saturday as it was the Liverpool Giants festival.

I had made a reservation about a week ago and was worried when I got there as the restaurant was packed however we were seated straightaway. I must say the service was great even though it was quite clear that all the staff were busy and it was a very hot day. The air-conditioning or ventilation in the restaurant could do with some updating.

Wine came quickly and water table promptly served.

My partner ordered the belly pork which he thoroughly enjoyed. I ordered the cheesy mushrooms which was delicious however it was meant to come with spinach and I only had one leaf in it.

We shared the Chateaubriand which was cooked perfectly and tasty. Lovely pepper sauce and everything else that came with it was a nice touch.

Our waiter Ernesto was great and I do hope that I tipped accordingly.

We will definitely pay another visit.

1  Thank GourmetGucci