“Unbeleiavable”

La Crepe Rit
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Restaurant/Bistro with a wide range of food and drinks for everyone's taste buds.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Ive been to the Albert Docks yesterday and for the 5th time went into Le Crepe Rit, they were absolutely heaving and there were people who could not get a seat but the staff and owner never missed a beat. They were so helpful a patient with my little boy who even at the best of times can be a handful but they were brilliant. The food which I keep going back for is to die for, Those people who go to a French Restaurant asking for fish and chips are complete morons, when there is clearly a chip shop not 100 yards further up the dock. If you like to try new culinary experiences you have to go here on your next visit to Liverpool.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I would like to thank the La Crepe Rit's excellent staff for making my experience to this restaurant even better than my first one. This was like a excellent sequel (e.g Star Wars Episode V, Terminator 2, The Godfather) that was surprisingly better than the original!!!. I couldn't of asked for more, the atmosphere is always friendly and fresh, the food is always tasty and fulfilling. The staff is always welcoming and I feel I can just come here and just relax and ease my mind whenever I want to go out and enjoy a GREAT MEAL!!! I recommend anyone to bring their friends and family to enjoy some quality time together at this particular attraction. Will next time I come and visit be a hatrick? We'll see, I won't be surprised if it becomes the perfect trilogy of visits.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I do not often review restaurants but write this as a warning to anyone looking for a nice touristy day out in Liverpool. Its prime location in the Albert Docks must be the only thing going for this place, which snares passers-by with promises of authentic French crepes and very reasonable prices. Unfortunately, the menu inside bears no resemblance to the dishes advertised on the window, and the food is UTTERLY awful. The ratatouille was overpriced for such a small portion and I left feeling hungry. The worst, however, was the famous crepe, which my mother chose. This resembled no crepe I have ever seen in my life, looking more like an oatcake, and probably from a packet. It had zero flavour anyway, and was covered in the cheapest sort of packet cheese and frozen spinach. GROSS. The service was good however.

2  Thank 70Catherine
RAJ S, Manager at La Crepe Rit, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Hello Catherine

Thank you for taking your time to write a review, we do welcome any feedback. Firstly we do apologise that the experience yourself and your mother had at the restaurant was not up to your expectation. but we do not understand why nothing was said to the waiter or waitress at the time of your visit, where we would of loved to helped with the situation. We have been trading for over 20 years now and do have a high rate of happy customers, but do understand that when a customer has a complaint we try our upmost best to understand and help out as much as we can, which is hence why we are still trading and do not use the prime location on the Albert Docks for this excuse. The menu outside is excatly the same as the one inside, there is two boards and a menu on the window, and two boards plus a menu on each table. if there are any uncertainity about anything seen outside and not inside, our friendly staff would be more then happy to answer any questions any customer raises, which we appericate you found the service good. The Crepes, i cannot stress out so much how we are so proud of our crepe as this is what we specialist in as well as making such all our foods we serve is up to standard. The Crepes mix are freshly made on our premises by our experience chefs and not out of a packet, and the filling are also added to a good food standard where many customers have praised and enjoyed it over the years. I do once apologise for your experience here, and do hope you will try us again. If you do have any further questions or comments please do not hestiate to contact me on info@lacreperit.co.uk, where i would be more then happy to answer your questions

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Fine stop for crepes but nothing special. Would eat here for lunch again if we were at the Albert Dock but not a destination spot.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Had a great experience here on a family trip to Liverpool. The food was absolutely delicious - the savoury crepes there are the closest we have come in England to the ones I grew up eating in France. When we commented in this we discovered that they import the flour from France - no wonder they are so delicious. All the staff were extremely helpful - especially Alex, and the lady that took our payment. I will definitely be going back next time I visit the city, and I would highly recommend this place to everyone.