The best thing about this hotel is the building, which is the original art-deco airport terminal, beautifully restored and complimented by a faux-1930s interior. What's nice is that the details extend to the rooms which give it far more character than most hotels of this type. If you want to pretend you're in an episode of Poirot then this is the place for you.
As it's been about 10 years now since it opened (as the Marriot) we noticed on this trip that the rooms are showing a little bit of wear but overall it's still very comfortable. We've been here twice and been lucky with our rooms but as this is a renovated building they do seem to vary in size and shape so it may be a bit pot-luck.
We didn't eat any meals here. If returning, we'd probably take the bed-and-breakfast package as the choice within walking distance is a bit limited - McDonalds, M&S cafe or a really rotten American diner called Damons which is definitely best avoided. There are however plenty of places 5-10 minutes drive away.
As an added bonus, guests can get free use of the health club next door, complete with indoor and outdoor pools.
The only possible problem with this hotel for some people could be that it's some way out of the city centre with no easy public transport links but that wasn't a problem for us as we had our car and the hotel has a large car park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly Concierge will greet you on arrival at the hotel, a former Art Deco airport terminal building. Take in the vintage aircraft stationed outside the entrance and step into Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport's Lobby and lounge, where thousands of fans greeted The Beatles in their 60s heyday. Your sumptuous room or suite awaits, or you can head next door for complimentary use of the facilities at David Lloyd Leisure Centre. Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport is 1 mile from Liverpool-John Lennon Airport and 1 mile from Liverpool South Parkway rail station, with direct trains to the city centre in 15 minutes. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and stroll 20 minutes to Speke Hall, a gorgeous Tudor manor house nestled in the woods. Meet colleagues or clients at nearby businesses such as Jaguar Cars and Shop Direct, or invite 300 to banquets and conferences in our 12 elegant meeting rooms. Our Art Deco Starways Restaurant backs onto the former runway, and you can order from 24-hour in-room dining. For a stylish base in a convenient location, you'll find that the long and winding road leads to Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool
- Marriott Liverpool
- Liverpool Marriott