Having stayed here for the first time in September I found it to be ok but certainly not as good as other Crowne Plaza Hotels.
Was pleased to see the car park wasnt been charged for, not sure if this is a limited offer as the website says they charge, but welcome for free anyway.
Rooms were reasonably good, although not particularly modern but in good condition. The curtains are the worst bit and look like someone has been smoking a lot in the room, very discoloured yellow and need replaced quickly
Now on to the things that annoyed me
Despite being in a club room I found the Club Lounge locked way before its closing time in the evening, not happy at all as this is one main CP benefit. No visible exec room benefits either.
The food menu in the bar was pretty good, wide range, but the food itself wasnt very good. Item ordered coming in a totally different manner to the description on the menu, when I asked a staff member he replied "oh it always comes like that" so either the menu is wrong or the staff are wrong but it led to me not eating most of it.
The room rate was reasonable for CP and in the area, so id probably come back as it has a pretty good location and has a massive retail park with places to eat etc right across the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly Concierge will greet you on arrival at the hotel, a former Art Deco airport terminal building. Take in the vintage aircraft stationed outside the entrance and step into Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport's Lobby and lounge, where thousands of fans greeted The Beatles in their 60s heyday. Your sumptuous room or suite awaits, or you can head next door for complimentary use of the facilities at David Lloyd Leisure Centre. Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport is 1 mile from Liverpool-John Lennon Airport and 1 mile from Liverpool South Parkway rail station, with direct trains to the city centre in 15 minutes. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and stroll 20 minutes to Speke Hall, a gorgeous Tudor manor house nestled in the woods. Meet colleagues or clients at nearby businesses such as Jaguar Cars and Shop Direct, or invite 300 to banquets and conferences in our 12 elegant meeting rooms. Our Art Deco Starways Restaurant backs onto the former runway, and you can order from 24-hour in-room dining. For a stylish base in a convenient location, you'll find that the long and winding road leads to Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool
- Marriott Liverpool
- Liverpool Marriott