I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport last night. I paid £56 for a room which I considered excellent value for a Saturday night, albeit one close to Xmas when they are generally a bit cheaper than normal.
The Airport isn't actually next to John Lennon Airport, it's slightly further down Speke Boulevard heading towards Liverpool (don't make the mistake I did of driving straight to the Airport!). The hotel itself occupies the building which used to be Speke Airport before the modern airport was built - and what an amazing old building it is! Full of character, art deco style, I love it when you see old buildings repurposed like this. It has it's own Wikipedia page which is quite interesting if you want to know about the history of it.
Parking was included in the price for guests in the hotel. Check in was very quick. I was given the option of 600 IHG points or a free drink and snack at the bar - normally I'd go for the points (I collect these almost obsessively) but I opted for the drink and snack because I was feeling peckish. I ordered a sandwich while I was at the bar which was great value at £6.95. The staff at the bar were particularly friendly.
I didn't use the gym but the room was amazing. I was given a free upgrade as I'm IHG Platinum so I was on the second floor. I really can't fault the room. The bed was unbelievably comfy and very large. The room had a desk and lots of storage space. It was finished to a very high standard. The only fault I have is that the lounge on the second floor was closed for refurbishment, but I'm not knocking a star off the review just because of that.
I've paid more money for hotels which are less well equipped. I would definitely stay here again, however, I would not stay here if I wanted to stay in Liverpool because it is on the outskirts. Excellent for the airport though.
If you stay here have a look in the car park behind the back of the hotel during the day - some amazing old planes are hidden behind there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly Concierge will greet you on arrival at the hotel, a former Art Deco airport terminal building. Take in the vintage aircraft stationed outside the entrance and step into Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport's Lobby and lounge, where thousands of fans greeted The Beatles in their 60s heyday. Your sumptuous room or suite awaits, or you can head next door for complimentary use of the facilities at David Lloyd Leisure Centre. Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport is 1 mile from Liverpool-John Lennon Airport and 1 mile from Liverpool South Parkway rail station, with direct trains to the city centre in 15 minutes. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and stroll 20 minutes to Speke Hall, a gorgeous Tudor manor house nestled in the woods. Meet colleagues or clients at nearby businesses such as Jaguar Cars and Shop Direct, or invite 300 to banquets and conferences in our 12 elegant meeting rooms. Our Art Deco Starways Restaurant backs onto the former runway, and you can order from 24-hour in-room dining. For a stylish base in a convenient location, you'll find that the long and winding road leads to Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool
- Marriott Liverpool
- Liverpool Marriott