“Don't Expect A Quiet Room To Be Quiet !!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport

Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport
Ranked #49 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Don't Expect A Quiet Room To Be Quiet !!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Used this hotel on Christmas Day night before flying out of Liverpool Airport on Boxing Day. The hotel itself was pleasant, though untidy after Christmas Day dinner and had very few staff on. We had asked for a quiet room which we got - as we had an late morning flight and hoped for a lie-in - the same request was asked by a couple with two children and they were put next door to us. Why reception thought it was a good idea to do this as clearly the hotel was not full is beyond me and the two adults and the two childred woke us up screaming at each other - thanks for that. When we spoke to reception they were indifferent quoting that they had asked for one as well but it does not take anyone with half a brain to realise that a mature couple would sleep long than children AND MAKE LESS NOISE. Not impressed with customer service response - not sure I would go there again which is a shame as I use the one in Manchester City Centre for visitors to the office and because of my experience would probably use other hotels instead.

1 Thank Jackie G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Jackie G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. I am deeply sorry to read that our level of customer service and hospitality were not up to your expectations. Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps where great attention will be paid to the matter.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
liverpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is the second tine we have gad Christmas dinner at the Crowne plaza Speke liverpool, the last time 2 years ago which was so much better. There was 11 of us this year and it was not good. The food was cold, some people got more food choices than others, there was over half the turkey left, which we gad paid god I may add. Some parties were allowed to take the remainder of their turkey home and others were not. The waiter never smiled once, we had to search for him on several occasions to get the bill and pay for it. Father Christmas was no where near as good as 2 years ago, he walked to each table and passed a gift to each child then left. 2 years ago there was a grotto and food was served. After a complaint to the manager nothing has been resolved. Do not waste your money in this hotel for Christmas dinner.

3 Thank LiverpoolMinnie
mango15, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your Christmas Lunch experience at Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport, I am sorry that you are unhappy that you were unable to take the remainder of your food away from the premises, It is company food safety policy that food served in a buffet style where it is displayed for a period of time cannot be removed from the premises. After a period of time it must be discarded. This is to protect our guests, and should a guest request to remove food from the premises the team are trained in such matters to refuse this. I can only assume that other guests have removed their food without asking a member of our team. Food safety is a priority of the hotel and I hope that you will understand this.

Reigate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Really disappointed regarding the lack of up keep on this hotel since CP took over. We haven't stayed here for 2yrs as we have been working abroad. But prior to this we stayed regularly as a lot of family are within 5 miles of this hotel.

Rooms were clean, but bath has two big brown burn marks in it (didn't really fancy using it as TBH looked like something else on first look). All the furniture looked dented etc (above normal hotel issues) and the barriers were missing or damaged leaving the car park open to anyone (previously barriers with codes).

Generally the whole site looked run down, including the plane they had outside peeling paint etc.

We only stayed one night due to being delayed by storms, so can't comment on restaurant etc.
As we were on a tight schedule - I didn't report issues to manager. If we had plans to stay longer we would have requested a change of room.

I think we will be looking at other accommodation options as we will be travelling to Liverpool more now we are back in the uk. A real shame as was kept pristine under Marriott.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
mango15, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport. I am disappointed that you feel the hotel has not been maintained to it's full potential. There are plans in place for repairs to made to the airplane at the front of the hotel as it is an iconic structure which needs a specialist team to restore it.

We have a new ParkingEye system in place for which we do not require any car park barriers therefore we had them removed in June 2013. I can assure you that the car park is more secure than with the barrier system due to the ParkingEye camera system.

Regarding the issues with your room if you would like to email myself with your room details I will investigate those fully with our Head Housekeeper as this is not an acceptable standard for Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport and IHG.

Please contact me at :
gsm.cpliverpool@kewgreen.co.uk

Guest Service Manager
Worcestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We've stayed here 3 or 4 times now and can highly recommend it. Hotel is clean and comfortable and a little bit quirky due to it being an old aircraft hanger. Love the way it has been decorated and furnished, the bathrooms are lovely. Definitely would recommend, not far out from the city or from decent places to eat (try Lark Lane - plenty of choice there). Staff friendly and breakfast ok. Good value.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
I would like to firstly thank you for your loyalty to Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport and the Crowne Plaza brand. And secondly for your personal recommendation of the hotel. We are very proud of the hotel and the history surrounding it.

Please do not hesitate to ask for a guided tour from our concierge on your next visit I can assure you he has a wealth of knowledge of the hotel and the surrounding area.

York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Had our wedding here in May 2010, couldn't really fault it.
Sadly this time around was very disappointing . The room was clean and fully serviced,apart from the heating, it was stuck on 30 C. Was given a key for room across the corridor this had window open and heating turned off. Took about 2 hours to get to 20 C.
Sorted all out in morning with Customer Services Manager .
Will return to see how it should be,
Breakfast was good, very friendly staff in restaurant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that the manager on duty was able to rectify the challenges you faced with your heating system.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when making your next booking.
gsm.cpliverpool@kewgreen.co.uk

Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport last night. I paid £56 for a room which I considered excellent value for a Saturday night, albeit one close to Xmas when they are generally a bit cheaper than normal.

The Airport isn't actually next to John Lennon Airport, it's slightly further down Speke Boulevard heading towards Liverpool (don't make the mistake I did of driving straight to the Airport!). The hotel itself occupies the building which used to be Speke Airport before the modern airport was built - and what an amazing old building it is! Full of character, art deco style, I love it when you see old buildings repurposed like this. It has it's own Wikipedia page which is quite interesting if you want to know about the history of it.

Parking was included in the price for guests in the hotel. Check in was very quick. I was given the option of 600 IHG points or a free drink and snack at the bar - normally I'd go for the points (I collect these almost obsessively) but I opted for the drink and snack because I was feeling peckish. I ordered a sandwich while I was at the bar which was great value at £6.95. The staff at the bar were particularly friendly.

I didn't use the gym but the room was amazing. I was given a free upgrade as I'm IHG Platinum so I was on the second floor. I really can't fault the room. The bed was unbelievably comfy and very large. The room had a desk and lots of storage space. It was finished to a very high standard. The only fault I have is that the lounge on the second floor was closed for refurbishment, but I'm not knocking a star off the review just because of that.

I've paid more money for hotels which are less well equipped. I would definitely stay here again, however, I would not stay here if I wanted to stay in Liverpool because it is on the outskirts. Excellent for the airport though.

If you stay here have a look in the car park behind the back of the hotel during the day - some amazing old planes are hidden behind there!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport. We are extremely proud of our hotel building and it's heritage. Our Club Lounge will be re-open on Monday 13th January after essential maintenance work has been completed.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Took a special offer of Winter Wonderland evening Christmas party and overnight stay with breakfast.

Check in was quick and easy. The hotel has been very well designed around the existing features of the old airport building.

Our room was very well equipped, clean and very comfortable, definitely a 4 star room. Bed was superb, with a choice of pillows. Complimentary mineral water in addition to usual tea/coffee and biscuits.

The Winter Wonderland set meal was excellent, quality ingredients and well presented. Entertainment was good cheesy disco.

Bar prices are what you would expect of a 4 star hotel but not outrageous.

Not the fault of the hotewl, but there was a disturbance from a very rowdy group of drunk guests at around 3 a.m.

Had to wait about 5 minutes to be checked in for breakfast, even though at least 2 of the staff knew we were waiting. Breakfast itself was very good, with a comprehensive selection available. Also had to chase up the requested tea and coffee.

For what we paid, the stay was superb and thoroughly enjoyable..

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport, your positive comments have been passed to all concerned.

We will be offering similar events throughout the year please do not hesitate to contact the hotel for our diary of events.

Guest Service Manager