I booked this hotel as my wife and I had stayed here many years ago when the hotel was a Marriott. We were in Liverpool for 3 nights and the half-decent hotels in the city centre were asking stupid prices (and £15-£25 a night car parking!). I was a little hesitant to book this hotel as it seemed to be a little low on the list of Liverpool hotels, but the price and free parking swayed my decision to see if it was as good as before. Arrived before 3pm, but went to reception just in case. The receptionist was very helpful and said our room was ready.
The room itself was very clean and well maintained with art deco style furnishings in keeping with the stunning building. Breakfast was plentiful and presented well. I found all the staff very helpful and friendly.
The only slight downside is the location of the hotel (only if you're not driving). It depends on your reason for staying. We used it as a base to visit the city centre, and the Trafford Centre which is roughly 40mins away.But don't let that put you off as overall this is a very good hotel with a good restaurant called Damons across from the hotel (ribs, steak, chicken etc)
No hesitation in staying again next time we need the Beatles fix in Liverpool!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly Concierge will greet you on arrival at the hotel, a former Art Deco airport terminal building. Take in the vintage aircraft stationed outside the entrance and step into Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport's Lobby and lounge, where thousands of fans greeted The Beatles in their 60s heyday. Your sumptuous room or suite awaits, or you can head next door for complimentary use of the facilities at David Lloyd Leisure Centre. Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport is 1 mile from Liverpool-John Lennon Airport and 1 mile from Liverpool South Parkway rail station, with direct trains to the city centre in 15 minutes. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and stroll 20 minutes to Speke Hall, a gorgeous Tudor manor house nestled in the woods. Meet colleagues or clients at nearby businesses such as Jaguar Cars and Shop Direct, or invite 300 to banquets and conferences in our 12 elegant meeting rooms. Our Art Deco Starways Restaurant backs onto the former runway, and you can order from 24-hour in-room dining. For a stylish base in a convenient location, you'll find that the long and winding road leads to Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool
- Marriott Liverpool
- Liverpool Marriott