Stayed here at the weekend, booked two rooms for my family and my brother who flew in from Canada. Staff were incredibly helpful and very friendly. The lady on the front desk on Saturday morning was particularly helpful, and I wish I could remember her name so I could post on here. I had a million and one requests, and she dealt with them professionally and politely every single time. There was a wedding going on at the same time, and she just handled everything without breaking a sweat,
The real jewel in the crown of the visit though were the old planes behind the airport. A group of volunteers work on a number of old planes behind the hotel, and we were lucky enough to be there on the Saturday when they came. They were incredibly friendly, and gave us a tour of the planes, told us about the history of the site, and we even got a chance to fly a flight simulator !! The kids were made up after this, and my brother, who happens to be an aerospace engineer was very pleased.
All in all, a great weekend, and this will be my hotel of choice when next I'm up in Liverpool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly Concierge will greet you on arrival at the hotel, a former Art Deco airport terminal building. Take in the vintage aircraft stationed outside the entrance and step into Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport's Lobby and lounge, where thousands of fans greeted The Beatles in their 60s heyday. Your sumptuous room or suite awaits, or you can head next door for complimentary use of the facilities at David Lloyd Leisure Centre. Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport is 1 mile from Liverpool-John Lennon Airport and 1 mile from Liverpool South Parkway rail station, with direct trains to the city centre in 15 minutes. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and stroll 20 minutes to Speke Hall, a gorgeous Tudor manor house nestled in the woods. Meet colleagues or clients at nearby businesses such as Jaguar Cars and Shop Direct, or invite 300 to banquets and conferences in our 12 elegant meeting rooms. Our Art Deco Starways Restaurant backs onto the former runway, and you can order from 24-hour in-room dining. For a stylish base in a convenient location, you'll find that the long and winding road leads to Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool
- Marriott Liverpool
- Liverpool Marriott