“Still no upgrade”

Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here before, it is a nice hotel usually a reasonable rate. It's nit to stay somewhere that looks different, although I think they should be looking at a refurbishment or haw they can repair what looks like unique furniture, but its starting to look a bit knocked about. In my room there was a stain on the ceiling, the nets were ripped, the chair was ripped on the back, and the panel things on the wall in the bathroom had holes in.

Room was very warm and for some reason the light in the wardrobe never went off.

IHG Platinum member and yet again never received an upgrade (after twice maybe it is the hotel policy), and had to go down to reception to find out how to access the wifi which gradually deteriorated through the evening. It seems like IHG's free means as little speed as they can possibly get away with

Can't see me coming back. It takes a bit of dedication to achieve Platinum year after year, I'm beginning to wonder whether IHG is worth the effort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Durham_Bloke_UK,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback about your stay. I apologize for the problems experienced with the Internet connection, room condition and if the bathroom facility did not meet your standards. Rest assured your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked it through Liverpool airport discounts then looked at the reviews and was a bit worried - no need arrived at 9 pm check in great room very nice went next door for dinner which was ok
then back to room . Lots of little things make a difference lavender spray for pillows bed very comfy. No other noise would stay again and recommend it to others

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sadie3157
mango15, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you Sadie3157 for taking the time to review our hotel Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport. I am pleased that you found the hotel quiet and you made good use of the sleep spray.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have reviewed this hotel a couple of times before I was back here recently with my partner and partners family to celebrate my partners mothers 60th we had done the same thing last year for my partners fathers 60th. Staff are still fantastic and standard rooms are still good only problem we had was air con was not very efficient in our room so it was very warm in the night. Everybody had a good time but agreed that the restaurant was not as good as last year. My last review of this place mentions the change in restaurant since my partners fathers 60th as we had visited again in between then and this occasion. The food is more expensive and not as good value for money as it once was before it was taken over by Seasons restaurant. A lot of us ordered the scouse and as lovely as it was veg, potatoes etc were a bit sparse in it and everybody seemed to receive different sized portions in fact some members of the party ended up in McDonalds later on in the night!

One meal had to be sent back as it was over cooked however this was dealt with very well and was replaced without hassle and we were not charged for it.

As last time we decided to have breakfast the next day last year we were charged ten pound per adult and children ate free however all change this year as they wanted just under £16 per adult and 8 for kids so we decided to go to Damon's instead (I will review this too!). Essentially the hotel missed out on making money as there were 15 of us!

1  Thank David0ff82
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights with colleagues.
Old airport converted into a hotel. 1920s listed building with amazing posters of aircraft and planes on the back lawn.
The rooms are comfortable if a bit dated.
Food and staff amazing.
The restaurant staff are so engaging with one young girl constantly topping up your tea/coffee.
Only downside is £13 for Wi-Fi.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Businessexperteu
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there at the weekend; bedrooms amazing, bar staff friendly and attentive, facilities great, great location.
Only downside was the rudeness of the receptionist when checking in. Front of house should not be so brash and dismissive. And also parking payment instructions unclear. If you are a guest you need not pay.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Shiobhain B
mango15, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you ShiobhainB for taking the time to review your stay at Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I would like to investigate your comments regarding reception in more detail.
Please contact myself directly at gsm.cpliverpool@kewgreen.co.uk.

Many thanks for your co-operation in this matter.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Husband and I stayed here for one night prior to early morning flight. Staff were knowledgeable and friendly and helped with anything we asked about.
Had bar food fairly late in evening which was good and delivered promptly.
The art deco styling is amazing and sets this hotel out from the usual airport hotels that we have stayed in before.
Room was very spacious and bathroom amazing!. Bath sheets were enormous and really fluffy. Great toiletries too.
Extremely positive experience and would certainly recommend to friends.
Taxi transfer to airport under £4 so with parking onsite it makes real sense.

1  Thank Glynn20

Thank you Glynn20 for your review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
I am pleased that our hotel and staff met all of your expectations, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was impressed with our decision to stay here. Lovely hotel, very comfy beds. Set out nicely. Clean. Although I cannot comment on the food as we went elsewhere for breakfast and tea. (We went to the crown carvary 2 miles from the hotel, we were not too impressed with the food here.) All staff very friendly. Free parking at the hotel. Not too far away from the centre of Liverpool. Parking is expensive in Liverpool. We found cheaper parking on Jamaica road for £3.50 all day, where as the first day we paid £7.50 for 3 hours in John Lewis parking. The only negative I have with the hotel is the shower kept going hot and cold every few minutes.

Overall good weekend. Great hotel choice.

1  Thank Katie R

Thank you Katie R for your review of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
I am sorry that you had challenges with your shower I can assure you that our maintenance team will inivestigate and rectify any problem you may have had.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Liverpool John Lennon Airport on your next trip to Liverpool.