1,542 results
All reviews art deco retail park david lloyd gym control tower ambassador suite the club lounge terminal building john lennon airport city centre an early morning flight executive room two double beds lovely hotel reception staff an overnight stay car park stayed here for one night
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here about 5 years ago and it was a professionally run hotel that provided good quality service = wow how the mighty have fallen. This should never be allowed to market itself as a Crowne Plaza - it would struggle to meet the brand standards of a Holiday Inn Express.

It's hard to know where to start, but in summary:

I was here for 4 nights and every night people were standing out the doors trying to check in.

When you call reception from your room they just let the phone ring out - after 10 minutes and 3 calls I just gave in

The kitchen is simply dysfunctional - rubbery pasta, soft eggs you could kill people with and they ran out of salad!! Despite being about 2 miles from a Tesco.

The individual staff really try hard, particularly in the bar, but the management of the hotel is inept.

In summary - AVOID AT ALL COST

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 929ScottB929
David J, Manager at Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

Dear

Please feel free to contact me at the hotel so I can provide additional assistance.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with friends whilst visiting liverpool to experience the nightlife it had to offer.

The hotel itself is very nice inside both in communal areas and in the rooms themselves. There is a gym within walking distance where you have free access as a hotel guest. This gym has an indoor and outdoor pool which you can use and is very good all around.

Also within walking distance from the hotel is a food court which has plenty of choices for places to eat.

We did need to catch a taxi into Liverpool town centre however we had done our research and were aware of this prior to booking and travelling. Despite this hotel being close to the airport there is no constant flight noise and all in all i would recommend this hotel to others.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Asimpson32

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Stopped here after landing late into Liverpool before driving home the next morning. Beds were so comfy, one the comfiest I have ever had at a hotel, had a great nights sleep. Nice room too. Literally arrived at around 11pm and left at 10am so can't really say much else but really pleased with it!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear FD96

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We have no problem with the hotel. Hotel staff seemed genuinely concerned labour our complain about the David Lloyd leisure centre which is next door ( See separate review). However two weeks later my complaint has not been dealt with.

Date of stay: August 2016

Dear SingingPodiatrist

Reviewed 9 September 2016

Better than your usual airport stopover hotel. Stayed here for one night before flying abroad and it was very comfortable and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the bathroom and shower were modern and with good pressure. Had room service food (burgers) which was perfectly decent. Only slight downside is the unclear parking situation - you park in a pay and display area but do not need to buy a ticket - which I only realised afterwards and had to have refunded.

A step up from the usual premier inn level airport hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple