Just got back after doing family christmas presents trip, we regularly stay at this hotel, and as usual had no problems. We decided to treat ourselves to the ABBA tribute night, and have to say from time we walked thru the doors to leaving earlier today couldnt have wished for a better time. The staff excel themselves, with their friendliness. Stayed in the executive rooms, (as we go every 8 wks or so we alternate exec/standard rooms). We were told that the exec lounge nibbles would be delayed by about 15 mins, due to there having been a meeting, no probs with that, and Jenny who 'does' the lounge is lovely. Our room was great, with lovely fresh bathrobes and even a platter of fruit.
The food on the tribute night was fabulous, really fresh, hot and tasty, no mess up with any of the ordering, wine we ordered in the chiller tubs, even the young manager on duty came over to ensure all ok. I know the prices in the main bar are a bit excessive, but have to say in the Aerial room they were really good, top marks from us 2 on that.
As we have stayed quite a no. of times have got to know a few of the staff. We had room service for our last night, we asked if there was any chance of normal fries instead of skin on, and fortuately enough we were able to have them, not always possible we know.
Having the retail park over the road is great, you could always get nibbles etc from M & S. Hope you enjoy your trip, we are already looking forward to ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly Concierge will greet you on arrival at the hotel, a former Art Deco airport terminal building. Take in the vintage aircraft stationed outside the entrance and step into Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport's Lobby and lounge, where thousands of fans greeted The Beatles in their 60s heyday. Your sumptuous room or suite awaits, or you can head next door for complimentary use of the facilities at David Lloyd Leisure Centre. Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport is 1 mile from Liverpool-John Lennon Airport and 1 mile from Liverpool South Parkway rail station, with direct trains to the city centre in 15 minutes. Leave your vehicle in our complimentary car park and stroll 20 minutes to Speke Hall, a gorgeous Tudor manor house nestled in the woods. Meet colleagues or clients at nearby businesses such as Jaguar Cars and Shop Direct, or invite 300 to banquets and conferences in our 12 elegant meeting rooms. Our Art Deco Starways Restaurant backs onto the former runway, and you can order from 24-hour in-room dining. For a stylish base in a convenient location, you'll find that the long and winding road leads to Crowne Plaza Liverpool-John Lennon Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport Hotel Liverpool
- Crown Plaza Hotel Liverpool
- Marriott Liverpool
- Liverpool Marriott