Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
The Park Lane(Liverpool)
1,335 results
All reviewsart decoretail parkdavid lloyd gymcontrol towerambassador suiteterminal buildingjohn lennon airportthe club loungewedding partycity centrean early morning flightexecutive roomreception stafftwo double bedslovely hotelan overnight staycar park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I dont venture very often to Liverpool and stumbled across the Crown Plaza John Lennon Airport just by chance.

I was so impresse with the warm welcome and comfort of my bed and the overall service, when in Liverpool, I will not stay any where else. There is amply car parking and you dont have to worry about tackling the city centre. The bonus is just across the road are the SHOPS. So even on business you can pop to the shops.

Seriously though I really recommend this hotel, and my next visit will be to take my husband for a weekend, so he can see how beautiful this hotel is and to sample the lovely food that I did. Well done to all

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel ten years ago when it was fairly new and in the hands of Marriott. The true character of this hotel hasn't changed a bit, which was lovely to see. The 30's / old airport building set up is wonderful and really does look and feel as if someone gave it great thought when turning it into a hotel.
Clearly Crowne Plaza inherited a great building but sadly I have to report that some of the fixtures and fittings are now starting to show wear and clearly not being replaced or repaired. In my room for example some of the lights didn't work and the bed sagged in the middle. There is however the addition of a flat screen television which I don't remember from my first visit and the room itself is similar in character to the rest of the hotel.
We ate at Damon's American diner next door which was superb - it's quiet pricey but well worth it.
In the morning we took the hotel breakfast in the restaurant by the old apron. The quality of the food was excellent although we did feel a bit crammed in as the restaurant was fairly full and the hotel don't allow much room between tables.
Overall, a nice hotel which I fear is going to go to ruin over the next few years. The building is superb but Crowne Plaza just don't run hotels like Marriott do.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2010

We decided to go to Liverpool for a shopping weekend but picked the weekend that Liverpool FC were playing at home, so no accommodation was to be found in the city centre under about £160!

Decided to stay at the old airport that is now a Crowne Plaze. We were not disappointed. The beds were clean and comfy, showers were those super power ones, all toiletries provided, car parking was free and the staff were very helpful in trying to get an early check in for us. Wedding party with children running up and down the corridor at 2pm was a little distracting, but this hotel has a wedding functiom room and so weekends might be a little noisier than at other times in the week.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Booked a weekend bed and breakfast break for our anniversary.

Liverpool City Centre hotels were outrageously expensive for the Saturday night, so ended up staying here.

The hotel is fantastic! Beautiful art deco features everywhere you looked. Staff were excellent. We got a room upgrade courtesy of Priority Club which meant a bed the size of a small football pitch and admission to the lounge - free drinks and canapes etc. Coupled with free weekend passes to the David Lloyd Centre nextdoor we couldn't have asked for anything better!!

City Centre was about 5 to 10 minutes drive away and in between, sitting on the banks of the Mersey at Otterspool Promenade was almost like being at the sea-side!

Didn't have dinner at the restaurant - and the local American Diner wasn't great - but would recommend eating at one of the China Town Noodle Bars in Berry Street or failing that, Pizza Hut over the road.

Would highly recommend this hotel - we're definitely going back :-)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We ( a group of 12 people ) booked this hotel at laterooms.com and got an excellent
weekend break price. However, when it came to checking out it was absolutely chaotic.
Even after 5 days we are still trying to sort out the credit card charges and the hotel
is not being helpful. I would recommend this hotel BUT make sure you pay the agreed
rate.