“Dubious ProPoint values”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Love the idea of this place, been 3 times
First time was served by a lovely member of staff who was really helpful.
Soups and wraps very tasty, worryingly I spotted a high protien salad with a ProPoint value of 4 attributed to it- with egg, tuna and chicken I doubt that this can be correct- There are 2 in the egg alone.
Also I asked how many points there were in their pre cut bread portions to accompany my soup and was told 3 to 3.5 by someone who appeared from the back and was quite dismissive- There are no half points in weightwatchers!!
Really put me off.
I do not wish to put my diet in the hands of someone flippant about the very ethos they founded themselves on .
The food is tasty but I feel let down.

skinnimalinx, Owner at Skinnimalinx, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Hi, thanks for your review, we are really pleased that you find our soups and wraps very tasty, but i am concerned over your worry that we are flippant over our diet information. Admittedly you have not had our best service when asking about the bread and i will make sure to speak to our staff about this, however I really need to point out that we are definately 100% not flippant about the diet information and I don't want you or anyone to worry that you are not getting the correct propoints (or syn) values.

As a member of weightwatchers for 10 yrs + I of all people understand the effort people go to to stick to their diets and we would never give incorrect information. We put all of our recipes through the recipe builder on the weightwatchers site and we check them regularly in case they have made any changes to propoints values. The High Protein salad you have mentioned in particular does not contain a full egg, it contains salad, 50g plain tuna, 50g plain chicken, and 1 egg white (we purposely leave the yolk out as this is where all the fat is), then it is finished with homemade coleslaw made with extra light mayo. if you would like to send me your email address i would be happy to send you the pdf from the weightwatchers website which clearly shows the recipe is 4 propoints. As for the bread i can only apologise for the service you recieved, 1 piece of bread is 3 propoints but if you have 2 pieces it goes up to 7, however we do have medium wholemeal bread available which is 2 propoints for 1 piece or 5 propoints for 2 pieces. I will make sure all the staff are aware of this error when communicating this information to customers as it is not good enough that you are being left feeling unsure.

I can only hope that you decide to visit us again and if so please feel free to ask us about any of our recipes and how we have come to the propoints values. I hope this helps with your concerns.

Thanks,
SkinniMalinx

Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

New Year New Diet. Following Weightwatchers, so when I heard that this place had the Pro Point and Syn value of all the food they serve I wanted to go. Nice to be able to go out for lunch yet still stick to my diet. Food was nice and service quick and friendly. Slightly expensive but as a treat while still being able to eat healthily - a great idea!

Reviewed 12 October 2012

It's so nice to go to lunch, as a Slimming World member, and not have to worry about routing through a menu for something good!

The menus are great- always 1 main meal and a choice of 2 soups, as well as sandwiches, salads and puds!

Most things are syn free- or very low syn.

I recommend the Sausage and Bean hotpot- which I think is made on a Tuesday (they have a set menu- different foods every day). The "skinni melee" is lovely too- Jelly, custard and fruit (or yoghurt instead of custard!)

They also have Dr Pepper zero which is fab- I can't get that in many places!!

the only reason why it's not 5* is because it is a touch pricy- I would love to go every day but for a meal, pud and a drink it is well over a fiver (must be around the £8 mark but don't quote me on that!) It is worth paying a bit extra for what you get but it is a touch on the pricy side, in my opinion.

The place is clean, the staff are friendly and the food is great! Definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

The only thing worth paying for it the knowledge of how many points are in your food. The food isn't great and overpriced.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Good healthy options to keep you on track while visiting Liverpool. I had the Tomato and Basal Soup which was fat free, tasty and left me coming back next day for more. I also ordered the protein packed salad which consisted of egg, tuna and chicken pieces with iceberg and peppers - filled me up for the day and with the information for Slimming World dieters of Syn value labels I could keep on track. (also WW). Soups, salads, rolls, wraps, baked potatoes with fillings and drinks all on labelled menu.

Friendly staff eat in or take out options - I did both during my visit and enjoyed my food. I found it hard to find good fresh food that was gluten free and a healthy option in centre of Liverpool so was glad to come across this cafe.

Great idea, good service well done.