“No longer trading?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Hoylake, United Kingdom
“No longer trading?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I tried to go for lunch today but the place was closed up and the newspaper seller outside told me it was no longer trading. There was no signage to this effect.

Visited January 2014

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Brilliant concept, they should franchise to other cities/places”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I love this place, point free soups are brilliant, very tasty and filling, just how they should be. The scouse is amazing! There is always something different to try, making either you w/w or slimming world diet easier to follow and definitely not boring. Everything is made fresh from scratch. Brilliant concept girls! Keep on doing what you are doing! When are you opening up on the Wirral!

• Visited November 2013
“Overpriced, underwhelmed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Was so happy to see this place, love the concept and layout of the shop. I bought a chicken mayo salad for £3.50! At this price I'm expecting something a little more 'exotic'. Inside there was 'hand-torn' iceberg lettuce, brown stained red onion, sliced carrots and cabbage (clearly from a pre-made salad bag) and exact cube shaped chicken covered in a thick mayo sauce (looked like it came out of a sandwich filler box). Topped off with some pretty salad flowers...
You can get an amazing noodle/Moroccan salad from Tesco for £2.50 and you get lovely fresh chicken pieces, spinach leaves, mixed salad, peppers, cous cous/noodles, chickpeas, onion and much more. £2.50 is still quite a lot to pay for a salad but it's worth it.
I've heard the soup is lovely at this place but very over-priced, stopping people from returning. I suggest you bring down the prices and up the quality or you won't see much repeat business.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
skinnimalinx, Owner at Skinnimalinx, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for your review, although we recognize that people are entitled to their opinions, there are a couple of factual inaccuracies in your review that we feel we need to correct.
We make all our salads up on the day on our premises, carefully weighing and measuring everything and using only low fat, healthy ingredients, locally sourced.
We make our own coleslaw, which is the carrot and cabbage you refer to in the salad, far from being out of a packet, this is handcut from drumhead cabbage and fresh carrots and onions all sourced from our local fresh fruit and veg supplier.
We use fresh steamed chicken breast which is cut up by us into fairly standard sized pieces so as to allow us to weigh out exactly the right amount for each salad, while keeping the appearance of the salads regular. We cover the fresh chicken breast in extra light mayo, with a little seasoning.
You are of course entitled to your views on price, however we do feel that we are competitively priced given the ingredients we use. I think a comparison with Tesco is a little unfair for an independent sandwich shop, we wish we had the buying power of Tesco who can command such low prices from their suppliers. For example, the extra light mayo used on our salads is not available wholesale and has to be bought in retail from, of all places Tesco!
We do however, take exception to your comments on such things as ‘bagged salad’ and ‘sandwich fillings’ because this is simply not true. Everything is made from scratch, each day on the premises, We never use pre bought/premade salad veg., we never use premade sandwich fillings on anything we sell at Skinnimalinx. We are passionate about using only the most healthy, low calorie, low fat ingredients which is what our customers come to us for, therefore we have to make everything ourselves (including our sandwich fillings),
Again, thankyou for your review and I hope you will understand why we felt that we needed to correct the inaccuracies about our ingredients.
Thankyou.
“Dubious ProPoint values”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Love the idea of this place, been 3 times
First time was served by a lovely member of staff who was really helpful.
Soups and wraps very tasty, worryingly I spotted a high protien salad with a ProPoint value of 4 attributed to it- with egg, tuna and chicken I doubt that this can be correct- There are 2 in the egg alone.
Also I asked how many points there were in their pre cut bread portions to accompany my soup and was told 3 to 3.5 by someone who appeared from the back and was quite dismissive- There are no half points in weightwatchers!!
Really put me off.
I do not wish to put my diet in the hands of someone flippant about the very ethos they founded themselves on .
The food is tasty but I feel let down.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
skinnimalinx, Owner at Skinnimalinx, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Hi, thanks for your review, we are really pleased that you find our soups and wraps very tasty, but i am concerned over your worry that we are flippant over our diet information. Admittedly you have not had our best service when asking about the bread and i will make sure to speak to our staff about this, however I really need to point out that we are definately 100% not flippant about the diet information and I don't want you or anyone to worry that you are not getting the correct propoints (or syn) values.

As a member of weightwatchers for 10 yrs + I of all people understand the effort people go to to stick to their diets and we would never give incorrect information. We put all of our recipes through the recipe builder on the weightwatchers site and we check them regularly in case they have made any changes to propoints values. The High Protein salad you have mentioned in particular does not contain a full egg, it contains salad, 50g plain tuna, 50g plain chicken, and 1 egg white (we purposely leave the yolk out as this is where all the fat is), then it is finished with homemade coleslaw made with extra light mayo. if you would like to send me your email address i would be happy to send you the pdf from the weightwatchers website which clearly shows the recipe is 4 propoints. As for the bread i can only apologise for the service you recieved, 1 piece of bread is 3 propoints but if you have 2 pieces it goes up to 7, however we do have medium wholemeal bread available which is 2 propoints for 1 piece or 5 propoints for 2 pieces. I will make sure all the staff are aware of this error when communicating this information to customers as it is not good enough that you are being left feeling unsure.

I can only hope that you decide to visit us again and if so please feel free to ask us about any of our recipes and how we have come to the propoints values. I hope this helps with your concerns.

Thanks,
SkinniMalinx
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great Idea and Good Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

New Year New Diet. Following Weightwatchers, so when I heard that this place had the Pro Point and Syn value of all the food they serve I wanted to go. Nice to be able to go out for lunch yet still stick to my diet. Food was nice and service quick and friendly. Slightly expensive but as a treat while still being able to eat healthily - a great idea!