“Busy Bus Lake District Tour - Skip it”
Review of BusyBus

BusyBus
Ranked #18 of 72 Tours in Liverpool
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: BusyBus provide award-winning sightseeing tours, minibus private hire and transport services. Products from Liverpool include: North Wales Adventure, Lake District Uncut, Cruise Excursions, Alton Towers daily transfers.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a disaster. Luckily no one got seriously injured on the hike with Kevin and the guide on the other bus.
Our driver took the “long way around” apparently because we were late for the cruise on the lake, and those who wanted this had to wait an hour for the next boat. The rest of us had a little over an hour to look around, go to the restroom, and find something to eat. I literally jogged back to the bus to be sure we were not left. This apparently was not really a lunch stop. We never stopped for a restroom break in either direction. When customers were offered the hike, I thought about going because I do regularly walk but fortunately I did not go. When those not going on the hike returned to the bus after walking in another town, the driver was on his phone discussing another tour and the fact that a particular bus would not be appropriate for that route due to its size. Then he got off the bus and continued to talk on his phone. The time past the appointed return grew and grew. Some men got off the bus and sought info about the hikers and the much longer time it was taking for a scheduled 45 minute walk. We found out from those men passengers that the group was lost. We did not know if someone had a heart attack or broke a leg etc. We did not know if emergency staff was available to rescue the group. When the group finally returned, we learned that Kevin had never been on the walk and despite the other guide having been on the hike and both having maps, they got lost and some passengers had physical difficulty and slight injuries. We were never told the route or details of the stops related to the map when we started the tour. The map given us for purchase for $3 did not show the beginning point of Liverpool or the exact cities and places we would tour. We assume we missed some places that should have been included on this tour. By the time we began to return we were 2 hours late. The driver obviously knew a faster route to return than he took to the Lake District, since we got to the ship an hour late rather than 2 hours. Thankfully this tour was the first day the ship was in port. Kevin tried to fluff the problems over and one man on the hike rightfully told him to stop and described it as the hike from hell.

1  Thank jsu12sj
gizago, Guest Relations Manager at BusyBus, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Oh dear! I don't think you liked your BusyBus award-winning adventure sightseeing tour that thousands before you have.

Nothing we can say really other than mission accomplished in "joining the adventure".

For readers, please don't be put off. We do have regular toilet stops! Honestly!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"from manchester"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After reading some favourable reviews of BusyBus (U.K.) tours we booked the North Wales Tour starting at the Liverpool cruise port, and returning there approximately 8 hours later. Three BusyBus chartered full-size coaches arrived in port and all were soon filled to near capacity, despite BusyBus claims that they never fill to capacity, leaving lots of extra room. A number of people who did not pre-book boarded the buses, accounting for the extra passengers. Two of the buses were used for the North Wales Tour and one for the lakes district. Fortunately the near capacity loads were not problematic on our bus as passengers kept to the timelines at each stop. Both our driver and tour guide (Allan) were very experienced and well organized. Allan’s commentaries en route were informative, often humerous and interesting. Playing ‘Ferry Cross the Mersey’ (Gerry & the Pacemakers) was perfectly timed as we drove through the tunnel under the Mersey River. Other stops included two World Heritage sites: Conwy Castle & Pontcysylie Aqueduct. Both were excellent. Ogden Valley, south of Bangor was a wonderful stop for landscape photos and some exploring. Betws-y-Coed is a lovely picturesque town with numerous quaint shops, very popular with tourists. Overall, BusyBus is a great choice for touring North Wales safely without stress. As a tour guide, Allan was first rate.

1  Thank CruisersRus

Thank you for your excellent story of your day. Delighted you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've recently taken this tour. North Wales is a beautiful place to visit and I would recommend this tour as the public transport around is limited. We had covered Snowdonia, Orme, Llandundo, Cowny, Betswy and Pontcysyllte Aquaduct. Though it was a day trip we had ample time to cover most of the attractions without ever getting rushed. Our tour guide Adrian was quite cheerful, interactive and had a vast knowledge about Wales. The coach was quite comfortable and we heard a few cheerful songs in Welch which were heartwarming. Overall an amazing experience.

1  Thank Tim A

Delighted to hear from you and glad you enjoyed your tour. Come back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was visiting Manchester and booked a trip to the Lake District on Busybus. The email from them said I was to wait at a theatre on Oxford Street. But on the morning of the trip I discovered that I had to go to Liverpool to meet the bus. I had not received an email from Busybus about the change. Calls to the number on their website went unanswered. Fortunately, the relative whom I was visiting found out that the pickup point was the World Museum in Liverpool. It was too late to take the train and, being from overseas, how was I to find the Museum even if I had time for a train journey. I had to spend £60 on an Uber taxi to get me to the Museum. A traffic jam on the way caused me to be late by 10 minutes. Busybus driver/guide, good natured Graham, waited for me. But the delay meant that the time in Grasmere, the place I was most interested in, had to be curtailed.

Despite the hassle and anxiety caused by the change in pickup venue, the Lake District tour was interesting. Graham, the guide, was friendly, informative, humorous and people oriented.

gizago, Guest Relations Manager at BusyBus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are terribly sorry you were inconvenienced this way. Occassionally, and extremely rarely, we do combine departure points to mitigate cancellations (often far more disappointing) but when we do this we give plenty of notice and certainly the day before.

Your ticket is very clear about "contact" and instructs you "to reconfirm departure if you are unable to receive e-mails and/or phone calls 24-hours before departure."

We are delighted it all worked out in the end and you enjoyed the tour.