“Owner has attitude/anger problem”
Review of Hotel Anfield

Hotel Anfield
Ranked #42 of 73 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Well went here for a hen weekend in april we had the whole mansion to ourselves, when we arrived we were greeted and welcomed with free glasses of fizzy wine and a really nice gentleman named warren 1st impressions were fab apart from the damp in the room downstairs and half the toilet door missing and rooms/stairways could have done with a paint But this wasn't a big issue we were there to have fun :-). Warren made us a fab bbq on the sat and couldn't do enough for us, one of the party however was poorly on the sat and came back early to find that all her stuff had been moved out her room and into another and there were two men now in the mansion?? Even though we had the whole place booked?? We were not happy at all that someone had removed all her stuff we rang warren and he had said he authorised for these two to stay as they had nowhere else! What a LIE as the two guys had this booked for months and months and had paid over £200 for there room due to the football match the following day the men showed us there confirmation too! The next morning we all got up for breakfast and waited for warren to come and speak to us and for him to apologise! Well lets just say we are still waiting now for it! Warren arrived and walked straight into the back and hid for over 1hour and never come out to say goodbye basically once he had got all of our money for bbq, make-up, hairs and our rooms he was not interested and his attitude completely changed! He was like a girl hiding in the back kitchen too frighted to come out to apologise about overbooking and moving our property! What warren should have done if he had any customer service skills was to ring one of us to say he had made a double booking and maybe asked about moving our stuff or paid for the two guys to stay in another hotel. This place would be much better if it wasn't for the owner! Save ur money and book somewhere else where you would most likely save money and get better service!

• Stayed: April 2014
14  Thank turkey11_11

Reviewed 17 July 2014

You will waste your time & effort if your a decent person. Booked a room 5 weeks ago for the night before my daughters graduation. Got a phone call late morning on the day of booking to say he had no rooms so basically tough luck....Yes Warren you are strange, aggressive and swearing one minute and apologetic the next.... When you book through late rooms you sort of trust things are professional...tbf they sorted it out for me.....

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank iandetheridge
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed at Hotel Anfield last weekend with 23 of my Friends for my hen weekend.
We had exclusive use of the house and loved every second of it! The Bar, Living Room & Dining room were lovely and the rooms were clean and beds were SO comfortable! I stayed in the club suite downstairs which was slightly damp but for a drunken weekend away with the girls, this was really not an issue to us!
The owner Warren was away on Holiday but Jed looked after us for the weekend & could not have done more to make sure we were happy & having a good time.
Warrens family even came in and cooked us a lovely BBQ on Sunday!
Once the works have been fully completed on the house ie the kitchen & damp, it will be amazing!!!!
Thankyou again for such amazing hospitality! Honestly Jed is one of the friendliest men ever!!!
Can't wait to come back !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank danielle c
Reviewed 18 June 2014

When we booked our Liverpool tickets 7 months before the match, we booked our accommodation at Hotel Anfield. We arrived to be told that there was no room for us as we were 1 of 3 bookings that had been double booked. We then waited an hour for Warren to arrive to discuss the problem with us. Warren arrived with an aggressive attitude - I suppose attack is a form of defense. When my husband commented that we had booked 7 months before and asked if the other bookings had also been made 7 months ago, Warren accused him of having an "attitude problem" and asked my husband if he wanted to "take it outside". Really? Do people still speak like this, and to their clients? This interchange, and more, happened in front of me and our 2 children. It was disgraceful. Once we were leaving and out in the parking lot, we saw the other side of Warren's personality, the one other reviewers have described. Suddenly he was so sorry and would do anything for us the next time we were in Liverpool and we could stay at the hotel for free next time and so on and so on. It took me another 2 months to get our money refunded from Warren. After numerous emails and many empty promises from Warren, I finally threatened him that I was going to open a case of theft against him if he did not refund the money within the week, and we finally got our money. 2 months later. Please do not go to this hotel. Please do not give this man your money, he is clearly unstable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
15  Thank TracyG73
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I can not speak highly enough of Warren and the staff at Hotel Anfield. From the first time of speaking to him I knew I wanted to stay there for my birthday. He basically waited on us hand and foot as we partied for 2 days in the party room!

Rooms were large and very well maintained, communal rooms were welcoming and the garden was great. We opted to stay in the party room which was downstairs in the cellar. Best cellar I've ever been in! Perfect for parties or stag/hen do's. There's a bar down there, which we used to set up DJ decks, fridge, seating and a pole! Next to that there's 3 extra comfy double beds and a large screen TV.

It's not just a place for big groups, I would happily take my girlfriend to stay and I know we would be welcomed and treated brilliantly.

I have and will continue to recommend people to stay here. I hope to stay here again if available on our annual pilgrimage to Liverpool. Thank you for making my birthday a memorable one.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lee S
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed a weekend in hotel anfield for a stag party. 26 lads over from N.Ireland. Place was perfect for what we wanted. All in same place, great back garden to chill with a beer or 10 & great service from Warren & co. Def recommend to any large groups looking to party in Liverpool. £5 in taxi to city centre.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank davymcc1987
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Anfield, Liverpool. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are visiting Liverpool and going to Anfield then look no further, this is the most convenient place to stay. The stadium is literally 2 minutes away, I'm talking walking distance!! I would like to say, that Warren (the owner) went out of his way to make our stay as comfortable as possible, he even offered to take us to a local grocery store, which I really appreciated.
The English breakfast (which costs additional 5BP ) is amazing!

Room Tip: We were unable to get Wifi on the top floor...