“Fresh new look ”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
“Fresh new look ”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Me and my friends recently went to lark lane after not going there for a while it was nice to see the lodge has improved on all aspects we planned to stay for one drink but ended up staying all night great food (especially the burgers)
and good range of beers also a nice quirky atmosphere would definately recomend a visit

Conor D, Manager at The Lodge - Ale House & Kitchen, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your visit. We have quite a varied menu to suit all tastes but you're right about the burgers, i may be biased but they're delicious.

We have recently improved our drinks selection and are working on a new menu that should be inplace for springtime.

“Hire new bar staff!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Needs to hire a cleaner! Always smells like gym socks mixed with stale beer. Glasses are consistently dirty. Bar staff are consistently unhelpful, particularly the manager. Hire adults not teenagers! The lodge needs to clean up its act. I know it's lost the custom of several friends who are more than happy to drink in other bars on lark lane. Shame as it was nice when it opened.

• Visited October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review The Lodge.

I am sorry to hear about your previous experience being a bad one but would like to let you know that we have recently reviewed our staff and management and are working towards making The Lodge into a fine establishment once again.

Hope you pop in for a drink soon and see whats changed.
“DO NOT DRINK HERE!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I'm a local to this bar, the glasses are disgustingly dirty and the manager ADAM [---] IS THE MOST ARROGANT ILL MANNERED YOUNGSTER I'VE EVER MET! How he got the job I will never know! I was drinking here with friends and our wives a couple of months ago, we ordered 5 double vodkas, the drinks came, I noticed a ring of blackish scum and after more examination lipstick too. I politely asked the young boy behind the bar if he could change the glasses as they were dirty, his reply to me without even checking was "No they are not" ..my friends looked in disbelief, I lifted up 2 of the glasses to the light and said "look they are disgusting" obviously I know what a dirty glass is. THE YOUNG BOY WHO LOOKED NO MORE THAN 18, WENT TO THE TILL BROUGHT OUT SOME MONEY CAME BACK, PUT THE MONEY ON THE BAR IN FRONT OF US AND TOLD US TO LEAVE!? My friends and I were all well dressed and we are all in our 40's could not believe the arrogance of this boy. We didn't know wether to laugh or leave,he then said he was the manager and if we didn't leave he would call the police as we are now BARRED!?? Cut a long story short we left the place after telling the smug little child that he needed a lesson in manners, not like he was interested in what we had to say! Im sure the boys mum is not much older than my friends and I. Who teaches these kids about customers services, manners, respect and how to run a successful establishment? HE IS A DISGRACE, MY FRIENDS AND I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THIS PLACE AGAIN AS LONG AS THAT SMUG ARROGANT LITTLE BOY IS THE MANAGER AND UNTIL THE GLASSES ARE CLEAN AND FREE FROM SCUM AND LIPSTICK, THERE ARE MUCH MORE FRIENDLY PLACES TO HAVE A QUIET DRINK ON LARK LANE OTHER THAN THIS PLACE....STAY AWAY!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank GenitcallyM
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I went on a Sunday for food and was not impressed. The bar person greeted you with a what do you want, so not the friendliest of greetings. The choice on the menu was disappointing, they don't serve burgers on a Sunday when I fancied a burger. I ended up choosing the roast which was ok, nothing to write home about. There was not a lot of vegetables, the mash was cold and the crackling was rock hard. I could have made a better job myself for less money.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Gorgeous pub for a weekend lunch”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

So glad we stumbled upon Lark Lane on our trip to Liverpool, as this really is a fantastic pub. I live in London and this was a real ‘London style’ pub with ornate and quirky features like light fittings made out of top hats and even a medical dummy standing in the corner of the pub! We went for lunch and drinks on a Saturday afternoon and the burgers are top notch. Recommended!

• Visited April 2013