“Nice little drinking hole”

The Dovey - Brew House & Kitchen
Ranked #539 of 1,784 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$11 - US$20
Cuisines: European, Grill
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Been here a few times for a drink, and although a little on the expensive side it is worth visiting for the nice atmosphere. On this occasion we were able to sit outside as it was a lovely evening. Staff lovely and the pub itself very clean.

I imagine this is a popular place with students during term time, and Beatles tourists during the day. As we visited out of term time and at night this wasn't too much of a problem and we were served and found seats quite easily.

5  Thank Paulos_C_23
TheDoveyTeam, Manager at The Dovey - Brew House & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to our beer garden. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Dovey - Brew House & Kitchen

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Aesthetically, this is a nice bar: quirky, and attractive surroundings. The staff (or one staff member to be precise) leave a lot to be desired. My wife and I have been here several times for drinks and, generally, had good experiences. On my last visit, unfortunately, I encountered the most revoltingly rude and sarcastic barman imaginable. The individual in question, who possesses a kind of faux charm that only the most gullible would be taken in by, made a mistake in my order and tried to blame me for it. He spoke to me as if I were a child. I think, ultimately, that this is a reflection on the entire establishment. This is vibrant area with many bars and generally these have courteous staff who appreciate your custom. There is no compelling reason, therfore, to visit this establsihment.

1  Thank liamoc81
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Went there with my girlfriend and 2 children and we had a great evening. We had 2 courses each and drinks and te bill was still very reasonable for this day and age. I remember going there last and I have to admit, the new food/drinks menu is a major improvement on what it used to be. Staff we're very pleasant and attentive to our needs (kids had steak baguettes but didn't want mushrooms/onions, "not a problem" was the answer we got from our waitress. We will be back there in the future!!!

4  Thank steven3187

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and glad the service was delivered with a smile. Hopefully this standard is one we can keep up to keep you and your party happy upon your next visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Love this pub.... BUT...... Cannot understand why we cannot book a table to watch England in the World Cup !!!!! . Just been to Budapest and was able to book a table to watch a game there.... Continental.... NOT

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Been here a good few times now as my friend lives locally. Some bar staff are great, but others let the place down.
The place is beautiful.
Shame about the silly mannequins hanging on the wall
The beers and other drinks are decent and with the new outdoor area, its quite pleasant on a sunny day.
The food however is overpriced, flavourless, greasy rubbish.
I thoroughly understand that its a pub not a restaurant but £8 for a burger with no sides is ridiculous. It came with a jelly baby on top (which seems like a joke).
They seem to be attempting to recreate what one of my favourite Burger bars in the city centre are doing. Unfortunately, the chef fails miserably. Come on 'The Dovey' put a bit of effort into your menu.
Almost Famous and Byron Burger are nailing those gourmet style burgers.
At present, yours are just lazy and overpriced.
All that said, I would really love to see this place get its act together so I could justifiably frequent it.

1  Thank Reg B

Thank you very much for your constructive criticism. It has definitely been taken on board and is reflected in the removal of our old "burger van" menu and replaced with our new menu. A lot has changed in the past few weeks here at The Dovey and we are very keen to show everyone all of our changes. Feedback from the new menu has been very positive and hopefully we can get you back to The Dovey and you can agree to all the hopefully positive changes we have introduced. Once again, thanks for your help in identifying past issues.