“Will never return.”

Penny Lane Coffee Shop
Ranked #57 of 75 Coffee & Tea in Liverpool
“Will never return.”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

After seeing the previous reviews on trip advisor and being a regular visitor to the area I was excited to try this "coffee shop". The food was bland, the service was lacking and all in all was a massive disappointment. We were told of the homemade bread that was baked everyday but it was no fresher than the tesco wrapper it came out of. The coffee was sent back cold...twice. The food that we ordered was either not on the menu anymore or out of stock. We really dislike this place and advise anyone else to steer well clear. Such a shame as the building itself is very contemporary and just needs a jolly good clean and a lick of paint.

Newcastle
“Nice little coffe shop”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Best bacon butties, nice family run coffe house - worth popping in

Good selection of food and snacks - most deleicately done

Visited December 2012
wrexham
“been many times, excellent!”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Every time I come to Liverpool with my friends in the daytime we visit this coffee shop. I was brought here by a friend and I find it to be excellent quality and value. The food is fresh and varied and absolutely delicious. Today I ordered eggs benedict which was all perfect, with chunky ham and a muffin. The sandwiches are huge and just lovely. They use tasty extras on the sandwiches and they are served with crispy dressed salads. They fill you up for hours. The club sandwich is enormous. Service is not fast because the place is always busy and all is prepared fresh. I cant fault it. Newspapers etc available, lots of different clientele, just an interesting, friendly small place. Love it.

• Visited December 2012
Leipzig, Germany
“Good atmosphere, fantastic food”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Little good atmosphere café.
We had a fantastic lamb burger and a jacket potato. The salads that came with it were beautiful in look and taste.

Visited July 2012
“OMG WOW”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I came to this lovely little coffee shop because I noticed they sold gorgeous illy espresso. Once inside I caught a glimpse at the food being served from the kitchen which looked amazing and smelled even better. I came back the following day with my wife, 2 sons and my sister to sample these wonderful looking dishes. Let me tell you, we were not disappointed.

The steak baggette that I had was the best I've ever had and the chunky chips that i ordered to go on the side were out of this world. My wife had a vegeterian breakfast (nicely named The Maccas) which she was blown away by. Halumi cooked beautifuly and those pototoes (which I tried) were a lovely touch.

My 2 sons had a beef burger and a lamb burger which looked fantastic on the plate and served with a side of the most amazing home made coleslaw. They both agreed that they've never tasted a burger in the city that can match it (Sorry Gourmet Burger).

My sister had a couple of slices of thick toast with jam which also was unbelievable. We found out aswell when we asked where the bread is bought that it is made fresh every single morning.

How we didn't find this place sooner is a travesty. Penny Lane Coffee Shop is now our favorite little place to go to even for a quick coffee and a chat. Will come highly recommended to everyone we know. The little extras that the chef does with the food really do pay off and is so noticable.

Love it. Best coffee Shop in the whole world.