“Lovely food, nice atmosphere.”

Cuthbert's Bakehouse
Ranked #2 of 42 Dessert in Liverpool
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Description: If it’s fresh cakes, bakes light lunches or an afternoon meeting place for relaxing with friends for afternoon tea of a glass of wine in our secret garden Cuthbert's Bakehouse, Mount Pleasant's hidden gem located 5 minutes walk from the Catholic Cathedral in the heart of Liverpool’s Knowledge Quarter. At Cuthbert’s bakehouse you will find our staff baking cakes, throughout the day. There is nothing as comforting as freshly baked cakes and we like to make sure our customers are able to share that comfort. You can smell the cakes as you walk past the shop and come in and see them baking from the inside! Whether you are a chocolate, carrot or lemon lover we having something for everyone’s taste buds. Try our Famous Scones served with clotted cream, or have a right royal affair with our high, afternoon or cream teas!
Reviewed 30 September 2019

Went in today for lunch, really cosy, cute atmosphere. Ordered food and a drink and the food was really nice. Not very expensive either, would definitely recommend to anybody!

1  Thank Caitlin_Bird
Write a reviewReviews (413)

Reviewed 24 September 2019

A lunch treat for me as a thank you from one of my colleagues from another branch, I decided on Cuthberts because it was nearby and the food is excellent. I was disappointed to find that on a Monday lunchtime there were no roasted vegetables for my falafel and halloumi toastie. I asked for an alternative to the vegetables, i.e. salad and was given a menu to choose something else! I opted for the goats cheese and caramelised onion, which was delicious and came with lovely hot, crispy chips. I would have liked a salad garnish and my food on a plate, rather than a plastic basket. My colleague enjoyed the cheese and tuna toastie. I will return, but will call ahead to ensure they have what I want.

1  Thank brendajnelson
Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

Cuthberts hosted our daughter's christening party for 25 family members and was faultless. The room, food and staff ensured the afternoon was perfect. I highly recommend here for a family get together.

1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 22 September 2019

The food was lovely but the wait time and staff ruin it! Had to wait for pre booked table, our table when finally ready was in a terrible position with no room to move. The staff were not very friendly, were not organised and did not ask once if food was ok, despite having to wait for preordered food for 35 mins.

Not impressed will not go back.

The food is lovely but the staff ruin it!

1  Thank Climber548896
Reviewed 8 September 2019

A classical high tea bought as a birthday present for my wife & I by my niece proved to “Classical”. The service was excellent as was the food that made up our classical high tea. Think of an afternoon tea anywhere you wishing the world and Cuthbert’s is as good or better. Enjoy the afternoon with a glass of bubbles to enhance the overall experience - total joy!!
Our experience was made more memorable by bumping to Tom Donahue, an excellent local artist and illustrator. We enjoyed meeting Tom and talking at length about his art and those pieces on display in Cuthbert’s.
We enjoyed a most memorable afternoon.

2  Thank RobbieSK