“High quality afternoon tea”

Cuthbert's Bakehouse
Ranked #2 of 42 Dessert in Liverpool
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Description: If it’s fresh cakes, bakes light lunches or an afternoon meeting place for relaxing with friends for afternoon tea of a glass of wine in our secret garden Cuthbert's Bakehouse, Mount Pleasant's hidden gem located 5 minutes walk from the Catholic Cathedral in the heart of Liverpool’s Knowledge Quarter. At Cuthbert’s bakehouse you will find our staff baking cakes, throughout the day. There is nothing as comforting as freshly baked cakes and we like to make sure our customers are able to share that comfort. You can smell the cakes as you walk past the shop and come in and see them baking from the inside! Whether you are a chocolate, carrot or lemon lover we having something for everyone’s taste buds. Try our Famous Scones served with clotted cream, or have a right royal affair with our high, afternoon or cream teas!
Reviewed 19 October 2019

I have been to Cuthbert’s for afternoon tea twice-once with friends and a second time as a mother’s day treat. A high quality afternoon tea is what you get in a nice environment. I have tried the classic afternoon tea which is great but my particular favourite was the American style afternoon tea which came with mini burgers, hotdogs and fries in place of the sandwiches. You also get unlimited tea from a large tea selection. We had afternoon tea for two so got one classic and one American style tea to try a bit of both. They have quite a large conservatory at the back which is a lot more spacious to sit then the area just as you go inside.

Date of visit: April 2019
4  Thank Craig-W-nova
Write a reviewReviews (413)

Reviewed 14 October 2019

I went to Cuthberts for a vegan afternoon tea for my birthday. Our booking got lost so they told us it would be an hours wait on food (easy mistake to make, having worked in hospitality I’ve seen this happen loads and they handled it amazingly!!) However they offered us free Prosecco and some nachos with hummus and salsa whilst we waited! The staff were incredible with this and kept checking on us and topping our drinks up!
When the food came it was incredible!! Some beaut wraps and cakes so moist!! It’s very easy for vegan cakes to be dry but these were so beautiful and soft and fresh! My parents aren’t vegan and couldn’t tell the difference!!

Really lovely place, can’t recommend enough! Really turned what could have been a bad situation into an amazing one!

Go here ASAP!!!

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Rosiewills1995
Reviewed 30 September 2019

Went in today for lunch, really cosy, cute atmosphere. Ordered food and a drink and the food was really nice. Not very expensive either, would definitely recommend to anybody!

1  Thank Caitlin_Bird
Reviewed 24 September 2019

A lunch treat for me as a thank you from one of my colleagues from another branch, I decided on Cuthberts because it was nearby and the food is excellent. I was disappointed to find that on a Monday lunchtime there were no roasted vegetables for my falafel and halloumi toastie. I asked for an alternative to the vegetables, i.e. salad and was given a menu to choose something else! I opted for the goats cheese and caramelised onion, which was delicious and came with lovely hot, crispy chips. I would have liked a salad garnish and my food on a plate, rather than a plastic basket. My colleague enjoyed the cheese and tuna toastie. I will return, but will call ahead to ensure they have what I want.

1  Thank brendajnelson
Reviewed 23 September 2019 via mobile

Cuthberts hosted our daughter's christening party for 25 family members and was faultless. The room, food and staff ensured the afternoon was perfect. I highly recommend here for a family get together.

1  Thank Katie M