“Bringing Europe to England”
Review of Bar Bodega

Bar Bodega
Ranked #89 of 196 Nightlife in Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bringing Europe to England”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

What a great bar for all times of the day! I went last week in the evening to this lovely underground Spanish-themed bar and it had a very warm and genuine atmosphere. They had a range of cocktails to choose from, but I am not an expert on drinks so the staff helped me through what tastes I liked and made me and my girlfriend a cocktail each to suit our preferences and they did not disappoint! After that we decided that we would stay for the long haul and once it hit 11pm the bar soon filled up, the atmosphere got livelier by the second and the music was in full swing! We thoroughly enjoyed it, and we will certainly be making another visit soon. On our way out through the tunnel and up the stairs there were dry meats hanging down next to the many wines on offer and I thought it just added to the European theme entrirely! Loved it.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kevin T

East Kilbride, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lively & Fun”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The bar was very busy, although we were not waiting long to be served. The staff were friendly, as were other customers and the cocktails we had were very tastefully prepared.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gordon W
Derry, United Kingdom
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Private function area - pre-dinner drinks”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked the function room in the basement here for pre-dinner drinks before dining in tapas tapas upstairs. The atmosphere is lovely with a real Mediterranean feel and we were served with champagne and cocktails during our 2 hour visit. It was ideal for us as it is secluded from the main bar with a fireplace and brick arches. The only downside was that the back door was open and people were wandering through all the time on the way to the main bar. We did have to leave promptly as there was another group booked in immediately after us. It's a great space for large groups and we would definitely return.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank WeeLulu
Leicester, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“More than a bar!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I popped into this unassuming place and found much more than a bar. I was on my own and was seated at a high table from which I could have a good look at what goes on. I had a pint of San Miguel and ordered a Pan Fresco - a dip for bread - absolutely delicious. Then I had Entrecote Cazadora - strips of sirloin in a wonderful sauce - Patatas Bravas and a mixed salad. It was all splendid and excellently dressed and seasoned. I was most impressed and will certainly return on my next trip to Liverpool.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank brystanners21
Liverpool
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Very atmospheric”
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

Great looking bar underneath tapas tapas with a great, cool Spanish feel. With good drinks offers in the week and free paella on a Friday night, it feels a good place to start your evening off. Overall, very good - good service, decent offers.