“Shocking!”

Travelodge Liverpool Central The Strand
Ranked #28 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Where do I start....POOR!
Group of 8, Made to wait for an hour past check In time as the rooms were not ready.
Room, relatively clean with ill-fitting curtains by 2 foot!
Elevator broken, had to treck 6 flights of stairs everytime to get outside.
Stairs with ripped carpet and tape holding down, safety risk.
Woken up by staff at 5am and asked to leave due to one of our party being too drunk.
It's probably a fair point to mention your staff served him drinks until in that position. (Duty of care)!
We paid £120 per room, a total of £480 and treated in this way.

Shocking, stay elsewhere!

AJW

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Online booking didn't work so had to book over the telephone only to be charged an extra £2.50 for something that was not my fault. The bathroom bin contained a sanitary towel from the previous guest, so room not cleaned properly. Lifts in the hotel not working properly so it was easier to use stairs. Very under staffed in dining area,

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We paid £24 per room per night. Clean and comfortable just would have been handy to be alerted that a lot of common hotel features are missing. Other travel lodges have had a hair dryer...no hair dryer here. I've also been able to leave bags before at another travel lodge... Again couldn't do this here had to pay for early check in (£10). Was told I could leave my bag for £5pd at lime st station! You can't! It's about £10 per day and time consuming. The security for leaving my bag here was more intense the JFK airport! I have all respect for security but you keep bags on view to the public so they are hardly kept secure!
Back to hotel- great location...wouldn't opt for the breakfast as there is a small tesco next door with cheap juices, costa coffee machine, fresh pastries, fruit and cereal yoghurt type things to buy in the morning. Check out is 12 which is handy if u have a late night planned! Good security but I did see a warning about checking who enters each room later at night so be ware if you are planning in squeezing a few of you in the room. Ask for a room on a top floor as they are nice and quiet!

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Overall we had a lovely stay, in a central location with a nice view, we even had to stay in the hotel for quite a lot of our stay as my boyfriend got ill. Beds were fairly comfy (we have memory foam at home), bathroom was clean, and TV and hanging space adequate. Would of been nice however to have plug sockets nearer the beds to charge the phones and to be able to use them at the same time. However service from staff was beyond what I expect from the price you pay for a Travelodge, so great value for money at £29 per night!

I initially called central reservations 2 days before our stay to request a high floor on the dock side of the hotel and to let them know we would be a late check-in arriving about midnight as I was worried we may be turned away, and they made a note on our profile. Arriving Monday night at midnight we were able to stay fine, but unfortunately the highest floor they could get us was the 3rd out of 8 floors and on the side of the hotel instead of front which was slightly disappointing. Once arriving to the room, I was slightly apprehensive as it was next to the staircase, but we still had a lovely view of the docks, and I had no need to be worried about the stairs, we didn't hear a thing the whole 3 nights (other than someone arguing one night)!

We also asked for a hairdryer on arrival but was informed there was none left at the moment, and to try in the morning before 12. My boyfriend did so at about 9/10 in the morning and was told they still didn't have any and would bring one up when one was handed in. I was in the shower when this was happening, and by the time I was out the bathroom, the helpful member of staff had already brought one up, which I was really impressed with!

We also decided to leave the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on as we had left some expensive stuff in the room, and went to reception to collect some more sugar and coffee on the way back from a day out, but we hadn't of needed to! A member of housekeeping had left a bag of fresh towels and coffee/tea refills outside our door, which I was really pleased with.

On one of the days the curtain became unattached from the rail and we noticed a stain on the duvet, so I went to tell reception on our way out and when we returned we had clean sheets and a fixed curtain. Pleased with quick recovery once again! They also didn't hesitate to give me a knife to cut my birthday cake.

I work at Holiday Inn, but still choose Travelodge for short breaks away as it is still much cheaper, and I think its great value for money, with still great service!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in Feb 2014. Very comfortable bed, room nice and clean had TV, kettle, internet. Very central hotel with everything on your door step, don't have a bar or breakfast area hut did deliver breakfast box upon request cereal etc, would consider staying again, no parking but a car park right across the road

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is our second stay here and just as good as the first, this time we visited with friends. 3 couples who stayed for 3 nights to experience Liverpool. We had a fantastic time, we stayed Sunday to Wednesday. We all had breakfast each morning and couldn’t believe the deal we got on the rooms, and the parking in the Q park at Liverpool one. We were given rooms on the same floor and all had a view over the docks and the Liverpool wheel. After we parked the cars up we didn’t use them again until went to Crosby to visit Anthony Gormley’s another on the way home. You can walk to everywhere from this location, we did ferry across the Mersey, all the museum’s, the red bus tour, the wheel, a comedy club, and spent a fantastic afternoon and evening in the cavern club.
To sum it up great value, lovely room and a fab location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a perfect place to stay on a budget. Right in the centre of town, directly opposite the docks and pier head and next to Liverpool One. Everything is within reach including a tescos underneath. Absolutely perfect for a weekend stay and im not sure you can find anything better for £50 on a Friday night. Would most definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple