“An experience”

The International Inn & Apartments
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I saw the hostel for all of 5 minutes before I went to the bar next door for a few drinks and some dinner. We came back later that evening only to be accused by the hostel of smuggling in a blonde midget (no this is not a joke). I was then ejected from the hostel at 5 in the morning where I proceeded to get a 4 hour bus back home... No refund. The staff were rude, objectionable and lacked decorum. Frankly we couldn't wait to get out of there. The other guests were also horrific and decided it upon them self to form a self righteous linch mob in the corridors of the hostel which almost resulted in several fights. If any of this appeals to you I urge you to stay here... I won't again!

• Stayed: February 2014
Carl James F, Manager at The International Inn & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We are very aware of the events that took place, and as mentioned through phone calls between yourself and management, we have physical evidence from our security camera of said event.

As stated on the room bond that you as a group signed, no guests are to be brought back into the hostel. This was not an accusation as your dormitory was male only thus prompting our night security to ask your female visitor to leave on two separate occasions.

As you have stated in conversation with management, you left the hostel on your own accord after verbally abusing a member of staff (which again is unacceptable as stated in the room bond)

At no point was you or your group asked to leave, as a matter of a fact, members of your group were apologetic for both yours and their actions.

In regards to other guests being horrific, our night security was very vocal in asking them to not get involved in your discussion even prompting them to leave reception. From his report and evidence on cctv nothing resulted in any verbal or physical actions between guests.

We are very sad to hear you won't be staying with us again, and are also disheartened that you have left such a negative review after you had already apologised for your behaviour to management.

As a busy city centre hostel, we find the safety of both guests and staff very important, hence our strict policy of no visitors.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Big dorms, nice bathroom, clean, tidy, quiet enough despite the large party crowd that stay here. Perfect for hens, stags band lads going to a game. 7/8 min walk from concert square but in a good area itself for bars and nightclubs...and free toast!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon for more free toast!!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Friendly staff, but the place seemed a bit run down. Room was dimly lit and bathroom not very clean. Bunk beds were not very sturdy, swayed with any movement. Location is pretty good, walking distance to bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Samantha C

Thank you for your honest review, we are currently in the process of refurbishing the hostel dorms, kitchen and games room. We would like to note that the corridors are dimly lit as to not disturb other guests when dormitory doors are opened. Thank you again for your comments, we will take them on board.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have never written a negative review in my 20+ stays at different hostels. First of all, it was an absolute ghost town, which maybe they cannot help but it sure did not add to my experience. Then they advertise free toast 24/7, which would have been nice, but during my two night stay I never once saw a loaf of bread in the kitchen. Even if I had, there were barely any cutlery to use, and as a traveller I met on the second night observed: "There is only one spoon". Finally, on my last night were an Australian couple in the room beside who were fighting, screaming, crying, and even beating each other and the staff did nothing about it. The shower sprays water absolutely everywhere as well.

The room was clean and the location good. Those were the main (and big) pros in a hostel that was full of cons.

I would not return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
TheInternationalInn, Manager at The International Inn & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We are sorry to hear about the couple in the adjoining room to you, unfortunately our staff could not hear them. When we do hear disturbances we do ask guest's to keep the noise down.
December is a pretty quiet month with the lead up to Christmas, although we do try, we cannot help that.

Thanks again!

International Inn

Reviewed 19 November 2013

we spent the weekend in Liverpool to attend a soccer match. we just wanted cheap accomodation close to the city centre. this is the place. it cost me €55 for 2 nights and there are plenty of places nearby for breakfast. its basic but you get what you pay for.....staff were friendly and helpful........

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeclanK918
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, but dirty rooms that didn't have working wifi. The bathrooms in particular are old and smell weird. Also from towel service you'll get a left-behind beach towel. A cheap place to stay but not as cheap as it should be. Backpackers and student visitors, pass on this one.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 while on my stag do. I had checked Trip Advisor before I went so I was a bit weary. As it was a hostel I knew not to expect much in the way of luxery etc.

When we arrived we checked in, my brother in law had to pay a £300 security deposit as we had booked in as a group which he would get back as long as the room was not damaged. We got to the room (we had booked 2) and we were greeted with 4 single beds which were not the best quality, felt quite flimly and squeeky and there was some questionable marks on the bed sheets (I made the assumption it was bleach stains). The bathroom was quite small with a toilet, shower and basin. Shower worked fine, gave out hot water and the water pressure was decent as well, it did steam up quite quick as the extractor fan did not seem to work.

There was rack with a few hangers to put your cloths on, no cupboards however but I was not expecting any.

There were a few plug sockets available which did work however seemed to be coming off the wall a bit. The room in general seemed clean, few scuffs and marks on the walls and floors but nothing seriously wrong.

The rooms inclused lockers to put anything in like phones etc, not sure how much they charge, think its about £10.

The doors were a bit of a worry as when we were leaving the room the door should automatically lock however if you jiggled it enough you it would usually open. You need to give it a good slam to make sure it locks properly.

All in all it is a basic hostel, you get what you pay for. If you are on a budget and looking for a cheap place for one night it is an option. It is not too far from the city centre, although it is a downhill walk so the up0hill walk back can be a night tiring if you have had a few too many.

Liverpool itself is a great place, had a really good night. If you are booking as a group night out this place is an option like I say however if you are wanting to go as a couple i would NOT book this place, its deffinatly a place for hen/stag parties or large groups on a night out.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are pretty much the same, all basic