“Not impressed with the changes”
Review of Relish

Relish
Ranked #308 of 1,715 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Barbecue, British, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: RELISH,is a family-run, Bistro and Outside Catering located on Rose Lane in Mossley Hill, Liverpool, in the south of the city. We pride ourselves as being one of the finest eateries Liverpool has to offer. Our menu combines everything to be loved about quality cuisine - top quality ingredients and tasty, satisfying food. Where possible we source all our seasonal produce from reputable local suppliers, which ensures the freshness and flavour of all that we offer. Our complete meals combined with the relaxed atmosphere guarantee a dining experience that everybody will enjoy. From large family tables to intimate tables for two. We can also cater all outside events including, weddings, party celebrations, bereavements and more. Relish can offer something for everyone. Why not have a look at our menus, and then give us a call to arrange a booking and we promise to create your perfect dining experience.
Liverpool
“Not impressed with the changes”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have previously reviewed Relish positively.
I was looking forward to trying the new Menu that has Burgers as a key part of the food.
Luckily I had a 50% discount card otherwise I would have been sending my main course back as I was not happy to have paid £7.95 for JUST a Burger - no garnish, no salad, no sides like a pot of coleslaw. (other than one piece of tomato and lettuce inside the burger).
I then had to pay £2.95 for my curly fries.
I had the blue cheese melt burger and I could hardly see any Roquefort.
The brioche style bun was not as fresh as I would have liked and very dry and broke up easily.
I did like the new style décor and the new waitress who served us was pleasant.

I liked the jars of three different Relish on offer.

Unfortunately, the change in menu is overpriced and not of a decent enough quality for the family to go back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank blod373
RelishLiverpool, Manager at Relish, responded to this review, 18 November 2014
We are sorry you didn't enjoy your meal or experience at Relish. Since your review we have got a new menu in place and would like to rectify your bad experience by offering you 50% off your food on your next visit. If you would like to book again with us please feel free and call us on 0151 7242299 and ask for Sarah or Chris. Kind regards, Relish.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Could do better...”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Pros:

Clean.
Friendly (though that's default for anywhere in Liverpool).
Accommodating to custom orders.
Good spot.

Cons:

Food - Had the full english. Pretty average with no saving grace. Coffee pretty weak. Can't comment otherwise on what looked like a menu with plenty of choice on Anglo/American classics.

Service - slow, inattentive and clumsy on a relatively quiet Sunday afternoon. Had to ask for milk, toast & cutlery. Struggled to just get on with trying the food!

Tips:

Keep it simple and get the basics in service done right. First impressions matter.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
RelishLiverpool, Manager at Relish, responded to this review, 18 November 2014
Hi, since your review we have undergone several changes and took on board your comments. We would love for you to come and give us a second visit with 20% off your food bill if you would like to book please call 0151 7242299 and ask for Chris or Sarah. Kind regards Relish.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“great place!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

me and my husband visited this little bistro on thursday evening to celebrate his birthday. very cosy place, excellent food, discount on food and food portions were great. restaurant was fairly full and atmosphere was nice. found one waitress really busy, helpful and really looking after a number of tables. however, the second waitress wasnt as assertive or as helpful. all round a great night and we left our waitress a good tip for the great work she had done and how she wished us a great evening/good night etc. very charming lady. will visit again but would like to see more life in certain staff.

• Visited April 2014
“Great Hosts”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Came here because of a family 40th birthday shin dig and was really impressed.
Both staff and food were fantastic, the hosts were friendly and service was 2nd to none.
Well done Chris, a lovely little bistro.

“Undercooked food”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Myswlf and my husband have been here a few times and havent had any problems however on our recent visit to relish I was served undercooked chicken and the waitress took it into the kitchen. Later when she cane to apologise she stated that the "boss" said that the chicken was cooked but because I was unhappy they would not charge me. Pink breast is not cooked chicken. Another fine example of bosses having staff do their dirty work.

• Visited March 2014