“Wow! Could not rate this any higher..”
Review of The Grill Room - CLOSED

The Grill Room
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Grill room in an intimate local restaurant on the border of West Derby. It is family run headed by locally renowned chef Stewart St John and his wife Maisie offering contemporary British cooking from fresh locally sourced produce in a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My boyfriend and I visited here after reccomendation and seeing it's highly rated ranking on Trip Advisor. Originally we wanted somewhere in a more lively location where we could visit a few bars after but decided to still try out The Grill Room first and WoW we are glad we did! We are both steak lovers and have had steak in many places across Liverpool, this is defiantly up with my best fillet steak in Liverpool! Served with chips that were also very nice, a portobello mushroom and a tomato. To start my boyfriend had the salt and pepper ribs and I chose the fish cakes, we could not fault either dish!
The Pino Grigio wine we choose was also very nice!
The prices were quite reasonable, £18.95 for fillet steak, they also had an early bird menu for before 7 that sounded nice if you get in early!
Overall I would defiantly reccomend this restaurant!

There are newer reviews for The Grill Room

Reviewed 18 February 2014

A lovely restaurant with excellent food, service and atmosphere. Cosy and modern. Couldn't fault the food......and wine :). Great value for money. Can't believe I didn't go sooner. Definitely can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd visit to the Grill Room & once again we were not disappointed. We chose the Chateau Briand for our main which was cooked to perfection! Absolutely delicious! The staff were very friendly, taking their time to talk to us at our table. We will be going again!!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Visited on valentine night early evening first time food was unbelievable staff very hospitable took care of all our needs lovely place will be visiting again can't believe how many times i have drove past without going in thank you genuine people

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The grill room is a hidden gem on the outskirts of the city whose friendly staff provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere from the moment you step foot through the door. Restaurants like this can be hard to find especially outside of the city centre but this well run family restaurant allows its customers to relax and enjoy good quality food in a homely environment. Having enjoyed both the early bird menu and the tasty Sunday roast it's hard to say which time I have preferred to eat in this restaurant however if u want to eat good food in a cosy, reasonably priced restaurant I would not hesitate in recommending the grill room.