“Enjoyable but room for improvement”
Review of Fung Lok

Fung Lok
Ranked #634 of 1,697 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable but room for improvement”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

My family had the set lunchtime meal. The food was good, but there was definitely room for improvement. The hot and sour soup, for example, was too sour and the prawn toast tasted like it had been purchased from Iceland.

Service was excellent but the portion sizes are mini and like me may put many off retuning twice.

• Visited June 2013

“Fab”
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

I always come here for a quick Chinese. People who work there are lovley and friendly and the food is gorgeous and served quick! Just what you need if you at hungry!! Love it and will return again and again

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Decent food, good value, but felt very rushed”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I recently went here with my wife and parents for our evening meal.

Although the food was nice we felt the staff were in a rush to get rid of us. I can understand this if the place was rammed but it was 7 o'clock in the evening and we were the only table in the whole restaurant. We were all a banquet that consisted of a variety of starters then your main meal but at no point was there a break between service. As soon as the soup was being cleared the other waiter was standing behind them with the next starter. This continued between each course and we didn't even get the chance to ask for a break because between meals they were just talking amongst themselves until it was time for the next formula 1 style pit stop of our next course.

The food itself was ok, but does not set the world alight. It might of been better if we had 2 minutes to enjoy it.

Won't be in a rush to return but knowing my parents like the place so much I'm sure I will. Hopefully a bit better the next time.

Merseyside
“Homely Chinese Restaurant”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Second visit to this restaurant and well impressed with my authentic beef ho fun which was as tasty as the one served in Tai Pan restaurant. Very tasty chicken chow mien but the chicken curry was bland.
Staff very friendly and restaurant homely I.e. not posh but food lovely.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Still our favourite after all these years”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My family and friends have been using this restaurant for many years. The wife and I have probably topped 200 visits. We have been there as a couple and with groups of friends (as many as 12) and have always received excellent service and the very best in oriental food.
The menu is extensive and if you have a favourite dish that isn't on the menu, you can ask the chef to do it for you. I've never known anyone have a request denied.
The lunch time and early evening menus are incredibly good value for money and the normal prices are very reasonable too. Even the bar prices are pretty good.
The staff are all well established (unusual for this type of establishment) and provide excellent, friendly and efficient service in a relaxed,
It won't be long before we are back again