“21st & 50th Birthday Party”

Liverpool One Bridewell Bar And Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I really enjoyed myself at a recent combined 21st and 50th at Liverpool One Bridewell. I asked most of the guests, aged between 13 and 80 something, for feedback and they also thoroughly enjoyed it. Often when guests are asked after an event, I find that there is a range of comments from praise, through lacklustre comments to remembering the one thing that wasn't quite top notch. That was not the case here, all the guests enthused about the party, the venue, the staff, and definitely the food.

In planning the event we made several visits beforehand unannounced, and on each occasion found the staff friendly, and the food great, in taste, freshness, and quantity.

When we asked about the function room, it was almost as if we'd met a long lost Pal. Paul genuinely couldn't do enough to help us plan the event and make sure it was what we wanted. As an example the Bridewell offers a wide range of meal / buffet options for events ranging from the standard pie and a pint, through more filling hot options, to the exotic, {eg a Welsh cheese that is matured in a charcoal crust.} We wanted something slightly different, nothing too difficult, but something not on the list of options. Paul showed great enthusiasm for our request, took our idea and ran with it, offering complementary choices.

Throughout the 3 months preparation, Paul kept in touch by mail, text, and phone, and always responded promptly if I initiated contact. I honestly can't remember one thing that we asked for which wasn't provided.

Our event coincided with the Giants' visit to Liverpool, so town was packed and the team at the Bridewell were working hard. As we arrived, we got prompt attention, opening up the room and servicing the bar for us. The room had been kept empty and available specifically for us, the layout was excellent with tables laid out beautifully and spaced commensurate with our party size. This personalisation extended to a few other items as Paul and the team had set up a sound stage for some of our party who liked to perform musically, and a slide show of pictures of the birthday celebrant. We also had open access to the PA system so that our budding DJ's could play their taste in music.

We had dedicated staff for our private bar who joined us immediately on our arrival despite the busy stations downstairs. The staff were brilliant, and any requests out of the ordinary were met with totally positive and friendly responses.

When we were ready to eat, I made a quick enquiry to the staff about when food would be ready as we hadn't agreed a time for service. The answer was a smile and the comment "would you like it now" ? The hot food was served within 5 minutes. We had to cater for some particular eaters, some volume munchers and some regular guys. Everyone commented how great the range of dishes was - fresh, filling, varied, and delicious.

The only problem that I could mention, was that a few of the party goers filled up at the first table, so that when the cheese board and sweets course were brought out, some people couldn't do it justice. Again, those who could indulge in the second setting were very vocal in their praise.

At our request Paul had arranged a late licence for our party, and despite it enabling us to stay after the rest of the bar and restaurant had closed, in the middle of a very busy weekend with the Giants' visit, we were made welcome to the very end with no pressure to "Do our talking while we're walking."

Without sounding sycophantic, before March I hadn't heard of Liverpool Bridewell. On our first visit we loved the quirkiness of converting a Bridewell gaol into a restaurant and bar. The support, professionalism and enthusiasm, notably from Paul who was our key contact, and from the staff was really appreciated. The event itself was flawless, due in no small part to the venue, staff, facilities, and food.

I wouldn't hesitate to sing the praises of the Bridewell to anyone who'd care to listen.

2  Thank Derek-C_Yay
There are newer reviews for Liverpool One Bridewell Bar And Restaurant

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I first visited the Bridewell restaurant in March 2014 to scout it out as a potential venue for my 21st birthday party - not only was the food and service brilliant, I booked the Officers' Quarters for the party in July.

After several more visits with increasing numbers of family to sample the Bridewell menu, the big day arrived. Paul and the staff were helpful and accommodating, and provided a fantastic function room, complete with a buffet, bar and an entertainment system (complete with a sound mixer, amps, speakers and disco lighting). Many of my guests agreed that a good party was made great by their experiences at the Bridewell - although I maintain that it was my appearance in an orange boiler suit and handcuffs that made the night!

Would heartily recommend the venue and staff for anything from one-off visits to party planning.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

A real let down as we had to wait over nearly 40 minutes for 2 burgers and we were not advised on any delays. When the food came it was missing bits off and the burger overcooked.

1  Thank MartynBristow
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I first visited this restaurant on Saturday 28th June following the World Corporate Games. Our company had a fabulous night and I was really impressed by the service I received ... and, without doubt, the food :)

Last Saturday (19th July) my nephew's band (Lyra) we're playing locally and as a family we wanted to eat somewhere beforehand. I don't often get the chance to come into Liverpool, however as we debated where we could meet my previous experience of Liverpool One Bridewell popped into my mind ... so that's where we booked for 13 of us ;)

It was Saturday evening and getting quite busy. Our party didn't expect such attention from your staff but once again they displayed and proved that customer excellence is at your core!

The food - hats of to the chefs! I am the fussy one .. no complaints only compliments. Flavoursome food cooked to perfection.

So there you have it - excellent customer service, exceptional tasty food = very happy returning customers

I didn't take a note of your two team members who specifically looked after us but I'm sure you'll know from the booking on Saturday - please pass on our BIG thanks.

You definitely have 4 new families who will be revisiting :D

1  Thank Tripsy286
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Called here for a late night drink whilst staying in Liverpool. Really interesting place almost looks as it did when it was used as the police cells.