“Nice food & views.. shame about the wait ”

The Yacht Club Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #436 of 1,903 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A unique location, situated among the yachts in the working harbour of Liverpool Marina. We open at 8.30am every day for breakfast. Food is served until 9pm and a late bar 7 days. Quayside is a hidden gem, we offer an alternative to the Baltic Triangle or The Albert Dock. The outdoor terrace offers seating overlooking the boats in the Brunswick Dock. Inside choose to dine in the bistro or bar. Join us for fresh food, wines & beers and live music. Free wi-fi and parking for customers. We look forward to seeing you at Quayside - Marina Bar & Grill soon. ps. although we are known as 'The Yacht Club' we are not a members' club! Everyone is welcome.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After being in down to watch the shops throughout the day, me and my partner were looking forward to our meal.. we ordered our starter and main and it took 25 mins to bring a small plate of calamari then an extra 30 mins for our main to arrive. Food tasted lovely and fresh, my partner didn’t get the coleslaw with his burger meal which we didn’t realise until we had left but food was still really nice.

Chloe B, General Manager at The Yacht Club Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Lesley

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - I am sorry for the wait, we were incredibly busy over the bank holiday which did have a knock on effect on the wait times.

Hope to see you back again soon

Thnanks

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Today I treated my mum to the afternoon tea and unlimited prosecco, on arrival there was an atmosphere as staff seemed very stressed and rude to customers that had questions about tables outside and their food orders.
We found a table outside ( which was never even wiped clean) and waited for sometime until my mum decided to go inside to ask about the afternoon tea. When she found someone to ask she was greeted with 'you're not another one here for the afternoon tea are you ? '. To which she replied' I am actually and its my birthday '.
The member of staff was very apologetic yet this comment should not of been said even in jest.
After finally being brought a drink we sat enjoying the sun and sipping our glasses of prosecco , which was soon finished we asked for a top up . Again after waiting for at least 20 mins we asked again , and Chloe ( very pleasant and hard working) suggested they brought the bottle rather than us asking each time , we were brought a bottle and an ice bucket and sat waiting for food.
After 45 mins passing we went in to ask about the food to be told they were making it , we presumed as we had booked in advance as it was a Groupon voucher they would of had the food accounted for. We were then brought out 6 tiny dry sandwiches and a few wilted "rocket leaves "on a wooden board. The sandwiches were nothing special I've personally had nicer sandwiches from the corner shop!
After cleaning our plates away and bringing us a refill we were asked if we had eaten by Chloe to which we explained the situation and that we were waiting for our cakes to be told that they had run out. She said she was going out to buy some cakes and while we waited would we like to order from the menu. We just asked for some sweet potato fries , brought very quickly but luke -warm and greasy. Chloe then produced some cakes( that had been discovered) and brought them to us. She worked hard while we were there and explained as they were busy and staff were off it had caused problems.
On the plus side we enjoyed the prosecco, but this was my mum's special day and it was SO DISAPPOINTING ! It cost us a fortune in train / taxi fares from Southport and back . I can't recommend , sorry!

Hi Candice,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback. I know we chatted on the day and I thank you for your patience and understanding - you were both an absolute pleasure under the circumstances! I know it was disappointing - there is nothing worse than waiting so long for a prebooked meal and we did do our best to rectify it the best we could although I understand it was a special occasion and we let you down on that one. I do hope you had an enjoyable time regardless and visit us again where I assure you your last experience won't be repeated!

Thank you again & hope to see you both soon
Thanks
Chloe

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited the Yacht Club twice this week, Tuesday and Thursday, with my mum for Dinner Tuesday and late lunch Thursday. The menu has had a recent change we ordered the Teriyaki Chicken skewers with chips and handful of green leaves. We shared this meal and it was delicious. Thursday we decided we would have the same as we hadn't really fancied anything else on the menu, but sadly the Menu had changed again since Tuesday and that option was no longer available. While I was at the bar another customer had tried to order just sandwiches, but they only do sandwich of the day and he couldn't get to the bottom as to what the sandwich was and was told its on the menu, which it is, but it only says sandwich of the day, he and his guest left without eating. We settled for the fish and chips which is always delicious, but way to big so again we shared. Andrew our server was very accommodating and friendly advising us that the menu was changing again due to a new chef. I hope they listen to customers needs not everyone wants food that is covered in sauces a lot of people like plain food with the option to add sauce if required. Also lunch time is when most people choose sandwiches a variety of basic sandwiches would be great. Also a lot of people don't like big meals at anytime of the day so how about light bites the same food but smaller portions cant be that difficult to do. The yacht club is a beautiful venue and on a dry day you could be anywhere in the world it is that beautiful I love going the club, but there have been so many changes and not all for the better. There is a boxed off area with sofas that says Adults only, but often there is children in there. One day we witnessed a table of children (about 5) eating their own sandwiches wrapped in tin foil while their parents sat at another table. Maybe the Burger and chips option was too expensive for 5 children and or too big. Andrew did inform me they had a child's menu something I have never seen in there in all the years I have been visiting the club. I hope you get the menu right this time as we haven't spent as much time there as we used to due to the simple fact our dietary requirements are not met. Our lunch for years was always a ham salad sandwich and portion of fries between us, but that option hasn't been available for a long time now.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been to marina/yacht club many many times over the years, but very disappointed today..bar staff were friendly & sat outside in sun, benches uncomfortable..britas menu now finished which was a pity as was actually good choice, tasty & value for money..instead there was a basic menu..sandwich of the day (ham salad) on thin white cheap bread, no choice of brown & side chips ok but warm.sandwich advertised as £3.50 but actually charged £4.50 as was quoted 'prices went up that day'. Spoke with manager saying not the price advertised but she wasn't backing down as had an excuse for the price increase (not advertised).Service was friendly.Very disappointed with the menu/prices. Disappointed with the managers response. Better places to eat around and nicer atmosphere. Need to improve menu to pull customers back.

Chloe B, General Manager at The Yacht Club Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback. Unfortunately, that day our extended new menu had just launched however, I am sorry you were provided with an old simple version of the temporary menu.
Pleased that you enjoyed the service overall and apologies again for the confusion.

Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came in for dinner having booked in advance, we stood like kippers for a long time waiting to be seated and eventually qued at the bar to get someone's attention. Lots of things not available from an already limited menu, food took a long while to come and was then luke warm - I could cut my child's food up *with my hands* straight away - the plate was hot, the food was not. Pretty let down. Place is in middle of nowhere or we'd of gone somewhere else.

Hi Joblerone

Thank you for taking the time to leave your valued feedback. I am so sorry your experience with us on this occasion left you disappointed! If only TripAdvisor allowed us to exchange further information as so I could get to the bottom of this for future improvements!
If you would like to try us again, I will be happy to offer you 50% off your next bill, simply show your review & this response at the bar with some ID and we will ensure you don't have the same experience twice!

Kind Regards,