“Perfection”

Rococo Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 100 Coffee & Tea in Liverpool
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving, sandwiches cakes and fantastic coffee in a fabulous setting
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful place, a real treat...excellent ploughmans with a glass of cider, very good toasted BLT...service was spot on, will definately return next time in Liverpool

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I came here for a business lunch with a contact from a partner organisation that I needed to catch up with. We were both really impressed by the venue. The coffee house is accessed from a small doorway at street level, which doesn't look that impressive. However once you get upstairs the venue is the width of the block with windows over Lord street at the front, through to a back room looking out over the back of the block. The seating is spilt into a number of distinct area and the decor is of a very high standard throughout.

Service is from a counter, which at a busy lunchtime seemed appropriate. My friend and I didn't mind queueing the five mins or more to order our food, as it was clearly quite busy - although not so busy we couldn't get a seat. We both ordered panini and asked for them to be heated, my friend got a fruit juice and took his seat, I ordered a tea.

I then got in another queue to wait for my tea. This took nearly 20 minutes as there was only one person serving and he was making a range of fancy coffees for people that had ordered before me. He also asked to perform a couple of other tasks including changing the receipt roll in the card payment machine. By the time I got my tea, which only needed some hot water on a tea bag and joined my friend, our panini had arrived and mine was already getting cold.

I'm not sure if it was just exceptionally busy that day or if they were short staffed. I probably would go back as it was a nice venue but not over lunch time or for a business meeting where I have limited time.

3  Thank tommy_lpool
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We were in Liverpool for the weekend and in search of decent coffee. The reviews of this coffee house sounded promising on Trip Advisor. Good location yes and a nice building with character. But a flat white it was not! We didn't try any food so cannot comment on that. But the coffee was disappointing. Would not return.

1  Thank Cath1973
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I often meet friends here for a catch up. To be honest the food and coffee is okay, but nothing to shout about, but I go here because you can relax in a comfy chair or sofa and chat for hours without feeling you need to move on once your drink is finished. It can sometimes be difficult to find seats even though there are lots of rooms, especially at lunchtimes, and the service is slow due to the small serving area - they haven't much serving space in relation to the size of the customer areas and seating. There's free WiFi but it only seems to work in the room overlooking the shopping area. Also, I don't mind drinking the coffee as I only pay half price due to having a Tastecard!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Me and my friend went to Rococo on saturday for lunch and we were blown away by it!
Once you have climbed the staircase you are automatically blown away by the place! A long corridor with three huge rooms all with their own quirky feel. We went to the counter and ordered our food under £11 for both of us! Not to mention they accept independent Liverpool cards giving you a further 10% discount!
The service was quick and the food and drinks were fault-less!
This has to be Liverpool's best coffee shop! It has quickly become my new favourite and I'll be returning thats for sure!

1  Thank Sophia L