All reviewswedding venuemini fish and chipswedding breakfastfunction roomhot buffetin liverpool city centrepier headstaff were lovelyracquetsdocks
Reviewed 30 December 2013

A lot of preparation goes into a wedding before the big day to make sure it's a day to remember and when it comes to the big day you are relaying on the hotel to make sure all your planning and hard work pays off. All I can say is the racquet club did not let us down. we were able to leave suitcases all the wedding goods the day before that were stored safely, two of my sisters booked into another hotel which they couldn't book into till an hour before the wedding, the racquet hotel made arrangements for them to get changed there, not many places would do this. we were met by a member of staff taking the wedding party to a private room for photographs. the room was outstandingly dressed for the wedding breakfast, the service and food was fantastic,. they catered for my celiac brother found out were he was sitting and provided his own bread and small jug of gravy with his meal. The evening Do was well staffed and no long queues at the well stocked bar. The bedrooms were wonderful, very clean and furnished in the style of the period hotel. none of the party could find fault with this wonderful venue and the staff. to the manager. please pass on my thanks to all your staff for making My Daughters wedding so special.

Room Tip: if you are booking this venue for a wedding, talk to the staff, tell them what you want, how you want it and it will be done
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank christineK3663
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Invited to a business get together by a colleague I was very pleasantly surprised by this venue. Looking a bit tired and dated from the outside this bar/restaurant meeting place transforms into a real gentleman's club on the inside. A sizable well stocked bar area and pleasant surroundings give loads of room to relax. There are private function rooms and suites accessed by a private lift and a couple of full size snooker tables to boot. I only had the 'nibbles' whilst there but they were very tasty and plentiful. Staff were very helpful and happy. Will return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank plb100
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The hotel looks lovely when you first arrive however the rooms tell a different story. The room I needed a full refurb. The windows did not open and it was extremely hot in the room. There were hardly any electrical sockets (to plug phone charger/laptop in) and the one that was there was not near a mirror (to blow dry my hair). The tea making facilities were in the bathroom which I thought was dangerous. The television could only receive 2 channels, there was no bathmat and the shower curain did not fit in the free standing bath so water all over tiled slippy floor. We had to wait approx 25 mins for breakfast when there was only 1 other guest waiting. The only plus side was that the staff were lovely.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recently had to help organise a retirement celebration. The staff were excellent, especially Rob who made the whole process run so smoothly and nothing was too much trouble for him. We were all made very welcome. He even helped us with blowing the balloons up beforehand!

The meal was lovely and was hot. The tables were set out beautifully and the wine tasted great. The staff were very polite and again nothing was too much trouble for them.

I will be recommending this venue to all and sundry. Everyone had a wonderful time and I did not hear one complaint.

Very well done to Rob and his staff at The Racquet Club!! You did an amazing job for us all!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pauline C
Reviewed 16 October 2013

New to Trip Advisor and we had a Christmas Party / Dinner Dance there a year ago. Venue was outstanding , food for 140 people ...gorgeous and staff were fantastic .. professional and very polite and friendly. I Also stayed over in a beautiful grand room with all the character that should be there ... FANTASTIC PLACE CAN'T RECOMMEND ENOUGH. Sue and Team and AMAZING.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business