“Excellent breakfast shame about the smell”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights in this hotel at easter. Despite the website assurance of more rooms from the same family being as close as possible we were 2 floors apart. The staff were fine but our room was clearly a smoking room and the smell all pervasive. It stank. I have had to wash everything on our return. The other room had a better odour but no-one came into that one to change towels or refresh tea and coffee during the 2 days we were there. The saving grace was the breakfast which we all enjoyed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Hotel situated very near Liverpool Lime Street Train station & 5 minutes walk into the main centre.
No parking at hotel, but NCP car par opposite and a discount is given by Premier Inn.
Hotel was clean, staff very helpful.
We had family room which was very clean and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room was on 4th floor away from the noisy crowds downstairs, check with hotel before booking and...
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Working in Liverpool, the Premier Inn was the closest location, and warmed by the charms of Lenny Henry on t'advert we decided to give it a go.

Certainly it had a lot to recommend it.... it was clean and comfortable... and everything worked. Perhaps some would consider that to be basic, but in my experience not universal amongst all hotels in the UK.

I am not sure how you get a room for the price they advertise at, I think it must be one room available a Sunday night in mid February in Andover....

Also I struggled with the lingo... I was repeatedly asked if I had an allowance by staff (which made me feel like I was still 13) but assumed that it meant that I could charge things to my room. When I got the hang of that, I proudly announced at the bar when I wanted a coffee (the only place to get one) that I had an allowance, to be advised by the barman that "we dont do that here, you have to pay cash". For six people staying together on business the need for cash transactions was a bit of a blow.

The other issue where economy really seems to have been applied, is with the number of staff on reception. There was one other person in front of me in the queue, and because the receptionist was also dealing with external calls it took 15 minuted to get to me. The reason I needed to see them was to get the stamp on my parking ticket fro the NCP opposite... duly obtained this did not get the reduction in price promised.

I would say that it was value for money, but that is in the context that we didnt pay much. However, it did fall down on some very basic things.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Check in quick and smooth. Room clean and warm. Quiet despite being full. Location area is a bit shabby, but it's only a minutes walk to Moorfields underground station. Not much more to say than it's fine for a one night stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient.The rooms were spotless, comfortable and pleasant. It was during the really bad snow and our room was a little cold so we were brought a plug in heater and within minutes we were warm and cosy. We took advantage of the meal deal, which was 3 courses plus an alcoholic or soft drink AND a full breakfast the next morning, for £23.95. The food was lovely and the portions very generous.There is a good discount on 24 our car parking at the nearby NCP car park and the hotel is close to all shops, restaurants, museums and amenities.We have stayed at this hotel before and will definitely come back again.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Just came back from 2 night stay with my 3 year old daughter. Hotel is excellent for location, room nice and clean, great size room. Wouldn't advise paying the extra £8 each for breakfast, hot buffet didn't look very nice or fresh, so basically paid £8 for two slices of toast, cup of coffee and bowl of coco pops. Breakfast was booked and paid for at check in, would of appreciated being told about the grab and go breakfast (croissant and cupa) for £3 lots of lovely little cafes very close so worth the walk out. Joanne on reception could do with a refresher in customer care as it was obvious she did not want to help with anything, seemed like she could be barely bothered to talk. However Roisin and the other blonde lady couldn't of been nicer, really lovely girls. Would stay here again simply for location, round the corner from Mathew st :)

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed seven nights we were absoutely delighted by this hotel. The staff were wonderful, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The bar and restaurant had a great atmosphere. There was some construction work being done nearby but this did not reflect on the hotel at all. We had a family room which was spacious enough and had a very nice bath and shower. The housekeeping staff were excellent and the rooms were very well claned