“large group bookings with ease”

Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel
Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“large group bookings with ease”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I booked at this hotel for 22 people and must admit not a single person had any problems with the rooms, service etc. In fact I thought the whole hotel was somewhat above my expectations, considering it's caters for hen's and stag groups like we were . Very handy for access into the city's centre.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Didn't love my stay as much as I'd planned. We have stayed in the nearby travelodge before and found the rooms to be better, the area quieter and the service more efficient. We found the room very expensive considering we had to complain when we could smell marijuana in the corridor and at the noise further down from another room (although these were dealt with). Security at night when letting us back into the hotel was RUDE. I was fumbling for my door pass and was treated with hostility and sarcasm. Not good enough. The saving graces are: the location- it's very handy for hitting the scene and the shops and a young man on reception on the Sunday morning who was cheerful, charming and helpful. Otherwise this stay would've been far less than average.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Belfast
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed two night and just had to comment on the great staff. keep up the good work. I would recommend this hotel as we found it very clean and comfy, breakfast also very good but the staff make the differance.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Hotel was good staff very friendly and helpful. Was there for two nights first night got no sleep because of other guests being to loud. Phoned reception to complain and they came straight up and sorted the problem.we got a refund for are first night and got moved to another room for second night. Would not hesitate to stay here again. Great weekend with my three sisters.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda L
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed 22nd-24th Jan.Very enjoyable stay. Staff were very freindly and very helpful. Restaurant had been re decorated pity the seats were not all the same some of them were old.We enjoyed the Breakfast cooked to order because you were sure the bacon was hot. Room was clean but the mattress was very hard and one side i could hear loose spring every time my husband moved.
Special Thank you to Mary and Gary.
Hotel is Within 2 mins walk of Moorfields train station.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tbear1957
Jeannette H, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and Mary and Gary will be thrilled by your special mention. The restaurant refurbishment certainly is beautiful and I am happy to announce that we will be getting the fabulous new Premier Inn beds delivered to us very soon so the loose spring will be a thing of the past. Come back to stay with us soon. Jeannette Heaton - Hotel Manager
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014

As with all the Premier Inns I stayed with, you cannot fault it for value (at £29), cleanliness, friendliness or the spacious rooms. It's also in a good location, about 5 to 10 minutes walk from Lime Street Station, close to Liverpool One and the docks, and about 15 minutes from the University where I was heading. Minor irritations wee that the size of the restaurant and breakfast area seems too small for the number of guests. I could not get any food (other than from a vending machine) on arrival and although the breakfast area was very quiet when I went there at 7am, there are signs warning it will get very busy at a later and more civilised hour. Externally, I didn't hear any noise from the streets but internally I was woken once or twice by people in the corridors. The hotel are doing their best by trying to indicate 'quiet zones' but I would imagine the hotel could still get quite noisy when it (and far the bar) has been full. However, I'd happily stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rich H
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Liverpool City Centre Moorfields. We definitely provide value for money with the £29 rooms and it is great to read that the room cleanliness and Team friendliness met your expectations too. We want all of our guests to have a great nights sleep and introducing the quiet zones so prominently will hopefully help us achieve this. Unfortunately we are not open for lunch but will take that feedback on board for the future. We will look forward to welcoming you back to us. Jeannette Heaton - Hotel Manager
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I love the room but I dont like the smell of the shower curtain of No. 424 , its smells like moldy, and also the towel smells like its never been washed at all , but apart from that we enjoyed the stay, staff were very helpful, quite and comfortable,

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. It was lovely to read your comments about the Team but disappointing to read about your bathroom. Please accept my sincere apologies for this issue during your stay. If you would like to speak to me personally about this please call me on 0151 242 7650. Warm Regards, Jeannette Heaton - Hotel Manager