My wife and I have normally had good experiences at Premier Inns, but this one was well below par.
There were some good things about it: firstly it is 2 minutes walk from Moorfields station (the route is totally unsigned for some strange reason - but if you take the very short road immediately opposite the hotel entrance and bear right, you're there). Also the staff as always were friendly, helpful and efficient. The breakfast, though expensive at £8.25 each, was excellent, with everything both available and hot. Also the room rate was very cheap, despite our booking only a month in advance.
BUT...the lifts had seen better days, were very 'clunky', and gave the impression they might get stuck at any moment. The decor of the breakfast/dining room seemed out of the 70s. Our room was badly in need of refurbishment: the bath surrounds were warped and damaged, the extractor fan was noisy and the bed was creaky. The window was far from soundproof and even on a Sunday night we could hear street noise.
But the worst was that from 9pm onwards, presumably 2 kids had been put to bed in the room immediately above us. There was a continuous banging, thumping etc as they ran across the room, jumped up and down on the floor and did who knows what else. When it got to 10.30pm with no end in sight, I tried to phone reception, but the very old-fashioned phone in the room did not work on the '1234' number given us on check-in. So I had to go down to complain. To give them their due, they apologised, and said it would be dealt with immediately and that 30-minute checks would be made thereafter. Indeed the noise stopped almost straightaway, but only for us to be woken just before midnight by its resumption, just as bad as before. We then heard raised adult voices and it stopped again. Presumably staff had checked again as promised, and contacted the parents. But our sleep was still interrupted and the totally non-soundproof floors were ultimately to blame (apart from the delinquent kids involved and their parents).
There were also a number of football fans staying, but they caused no problem at all!
I suppose I could have claimed my money back, but I didn't want the hassle, and felt sorry for staff saddled with a 'quiet night' guarantee but a building that is not fit for that purpose. Perhaps, at the very least, they should try to put kids on the ground floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Liverpool City Centre Moorfields is in the heart of the business district of Liverpool City Centre. Just five minutes walk from the iconic Matthew Street made famous by The Beatles, the busy L1 shopping centre and all of the city's local attractions. Nearby attractions include the Albert Dock,Liverpool ACC Arena, BT Covention Centre,the Echo Arena and various Museums, Churches and art galleries. Not forgetting the famous Ferry Accross the Mersey. Conveniently located for Liverpool Lime Street and Moorfields Train Station.Our Liverpool City Centre Premier Inn has everything you'd expect, incredibly comfy beds in every room and an integrated restaurant serving a mix of traditional and contemporary dishes.Meeting Rooms - 3 Meeting rooms with 50 capacity Theatre style. Available to book daily for conferences, private parties and group lunches or dinners. Location and Local Information John Lennon Airport 8 Miles.Taxi Approx £10Ferryport 1 MileBus Stop 0.2 Miles Queens SquareCoach Station 1 Mile Hospital 1 Mile Royal Liverpool University Liverpool/John Moores Both 2MilesTate Gallery 0.5 MilesLace Conference Centre 3 MilesSt Georges Hall 0.5 MilesEverton And Liverpool Football Grounds 2 MilesAlbert Docks And Beatles Museum 1 MileSpeke Hall And Knowsley Safari Pk 8 MilesEmpire Theatre Lime Street Less Than 0.5 MilesCrosby Beach 8 Miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Moorfields) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre Hotel Liverpool
- Premier Travel Inn Liverpool