“90 rooms yet personal and luxurious”
Review of hope street hotel

hope street hotel
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I write this. Sat in my incredible room on Christmas Day. Hailing from Liverpool, when I've returned home, it's rare that I've experienced the service I've experienced around the globe on business and pleasure that I have here. I am delighted to say that not only does Hope Street match up, it demolishes competition. As a proud scouser, this is exactly the kind of venue I want visitors to experience. Sat perfectly between the two cathedrals, that, let's be honest, any other city would long to have one of, the building exhumes warmth and comfort. But, that said, the staff elevate the hotel to standards not witnessed at any of the hotels I've stayed at before. Bias for my city aside (my partner is from the south east) this is the best hotel we have stayed at, and pardon my French, value wise it takes the piss. Thank you so much to the staff because, already, you have exceeded expectations and really made our stay far beyond anything we had anticipated. Will and Vikki

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TheLa81
40Hope, Director at hope street hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear TheLa81 aka Will and Vikki, Thank you so much for your lovely comments and I am so glad you enjoyed being with us and back in our wonderful city. We have all had a group hug!
Hope to see you return soon if not next Christmas. Best wishes, Mary C

There are newer reviews for hope street hotel

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My partner booked us into the Hope Street hotel for my birthday. She had emailed in advance that it was for a special occasion and we were not disappointed. We were given a room upgrade on arrival and a complimentary drink. The room was clean and well equipped. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast freshly cooked with a good choice of cereals, fruit etc. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bletch

Dear bletch, Thank you for your lovely post and belated birthday wishes. Look out for our offers for a return visit for clever partner! All the best, Mary

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here recently with a view to having a relaxing break. Impossible! Every step on the wooden floor (barefoot) created a squeak and each turn in bed resulted in a creak. Walls very thin and room was way too warm even though I adjusted the temperature. Surrounding noise from heels tip tapping overhead and what sounded like a tumble dryer/washing machine next door meant a disappointing sleep quality. That said, I found the staff to be pleasant and efficient. The Liverpool breakfast was not very warm and bacon portions were inconsistent in that I had one rasher and my partner had two. The black pudding unfortunately resembled a dried up dog doodah, so put me off. The second morning my smoked salmon and scrambled egg was fantastic, tasted divine.
I find the hotel to be overpriced for what should have been relaxing..... I can still hear those squeaky floors now......

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear goodbuddha, We are sorry you were inconvenienced by any noise if your room. As you say we do have solid wood - Birch - floors, so beautiful we could not bare to cover them. However all rooms have complimentary slippers so our guests can kick their shoes off immediately and relax. The breakfast team apologise for unfair portions ( just a slip) and are happy you thought salmon and scrambled fantastic. Best wishes, Mary

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located within easy walking distance of pubs shops museums and train station. The staff are friendly and really helpful. The rooms are clean ,beds comfortable and en suite is lovely even if you do need a degree in engineering to work out the lights and the taps! Would recommend and would stay there again if I go back to Liverpool Liverpool itself is a lovely city with friendly locals.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Fiona S
40Hope, Director at hope street hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Fiona S, Thank you for your lovely post and we are glad you enjoyed being with us and in Liverpool. We hope you venture south of the border again! Best wishes, Mary C

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed here to go to the Philharmonic Hall. It was a lovely hotel with friendly staff, lifts that came when you called them, Scandinavian type decor, comfortable room, and a really good price. The bar had extremely comfortable chairs and we enjoyed a drink there after the show. All in all we would return if we could get the same good rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Carolyn daw, Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad you got to see everything and look out for our seasonal offers. Best wishes, Mary C

Reviewed 21 December 2013

A wonderful hotel in a great location. My partner and I stayed here as we wanted to be near the centre of town, and also close enough to Anfield. We were not disappointed! The room was one of the best we have ever stayed in, really modern and comfortable..bliss! Only wish we could have stayed longer than one night! Cant comment on the breakfast as we did not purchase this at the hotel, though in hindsight we probably should have done as £10 pp was not a lot to charge by hotel standards. We would definitely look to stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sheenah s, Thank you for your lovely post and we would be delighted to welcome you both back. Best wishes, Mary C

Reviewed 16 December 2013

The rooms were classy with a Scandinavian feel. The bathrooms felt luxurious with a large tub. The dinning room and lounge had excellent food choices and were decorated in a warm and elegant way. A joy to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear ktelm, Thank you for your lovely post. You used some of our favourite words; charm, warm, elegant and two together, excellent food! Best wishes, Mary C