“Great Boutique Hotel in a Quiet Liverpool Location”
Review of Hope Street Hotel

Hope Street Hotel
Ranked #12 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
“Great Boutique Hotel in a Quiet Liverpool Location”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed at the Hope Street Hotel for one night on Monday 10 March. The room was booked for me by my host in Liverpool. It was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was very nice and clean too. The bed was large and comfortable and I managed to get a very good night's sleep. All rooms at this hotel have wireless WiFi, flat screen TVs and iPod/MP3 players. The hotel has a restaurant called 'The London Carriage Works' where an excellent buffet breakfast was served. I have to say that the cooked breakfast (made to order) was one of the best that I have ever had. I really enjoyed my stay and I hope to stay at this hotel the next time I visit Liverpool on business. I would like to try the dinner inclusive packages that they have available.

Room Tip: Remember that this is a 'boutique hotel'...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank Dr Ali M.
HSHOperationsManager, Operations Manager at Hope Street Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Dr Ali M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review following your business stay. We offer seasonal packages throughout the year and currently have an Easter dinner inclusive package that also includes tickets to a film at FACT, The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, the City Explorer bus, or a guided city tour. We hope you find reason to return soon, whether business or leisure.

Orla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here recently as I came with my bulldog Lola to see my daughter at University in Liverpool. It was fantastic they are very dog friendly and service was excellent. We had a suite which had a sitting room and bedroom very spacious and great for all of us. It is very rare to find a luxury hotel that takes Dogs without a fuss. All staff Made a fuss of Lola and nothing was too much trouble for them and made us feel at home. Would recommend this hotel especially if you want to travel with a dog.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gina M
Dear Gina M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay, it was a pleasure to welcome you with Lola, we are very dog friendly and have also welcomed Woody, Luna, Jessie and Juno in recent weeks. I am delighted that you felt at home during your stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've stayed at Hope Street a couple of times and love staying here. The location is excellent between Liverpool's cathedrals. The property itself is an stunning period conversion into a hotel. The rooms have loads of exposed brick, are modern, simple and comfortable. Pets allowed!! Feels like home. It offers really good value for money. Food and drink is highly recommended but plenty of options nearby on Hope Street and in the surrounding area and town centre. Lovely staff throughout! REN toiletries too!!! One of the best hotels in the country!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ian G
Dear ChuckySwizzler,

Thank you for such a lovely review, we are delighted to read how you love to stay with us and would rate us as one of the best in the country. We look forward to many more future visits.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Very nice though quite expensive. We had a deluxe king room (422) which was nice and spacious - and quiet - with a good shower and bed. Couple of issues were the smell of drains in the bathroom (This needs sorting in a room this expensive), the duvet had a blood stain that could be seen through the cover, and there was nothing to hold the hand soap in the bathroom. We're not moaners so we coped, but a bit of attention needed. Lovely environment and great location with some good restaurants nearby. Good cocktails in London Carriageworks, and we ate at the Side Door and 60 Hope Street, both good. The Georgian quarter is a pleasant and interesting surprise but beware - parking is not great and charges apply on Sundays too. Never seen that before.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lexicles 1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we send our apologies for the issues you encountered and would like to assure you that they were addressed. We hope to welcome you back to explore the Georgian Quarter again in the future.

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed here for one night on 3 March 2014. The hotel is a short taxi ride from Liverpool Lime Street train station (approximately £4). On arrival I was greeted by professional and courteous staff in the contemporary reception. My room was also contemporary with nice, traditional touches such as a wooden floor and exposed brickwork. It was very spacious and incorporated a sitting area and a large bathroom. I thoroughly recommend the Hope Street Hotel and its restaurant, The London Carriage Works. It will certainly be my first choice the next time I return to Liverpool.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cio 1664,

Thank you for your review and for the thorough recommendation, we are delighted to hear we will be your first choice hotel and we look forward to your return visit.

wales
Reviewed 5 March 2014

As opposed to the £148 a room quoted on hotels website weManaged to get a good deal for this hotel via hotel tonight app. On arrival we were greeted by the rudest hotel receptionist I have had the displeasure to meet in the last 20 years. For this person just doing her job was an inconvenience I suggest if she hates her job that much she joins that great scouse institution called the dole queue after suffering this person we were finally handed our room key. On entering the room I was instantly disappointed the blind was covered in stains and room hAd a horrid smell like mothballs. The hotel has crammed a tiny room full of furniture. Which just seems out of place. In the bathroom we had a full size
bath and a nice basin but this was let down by Luke warm water temprature and a toilet placed so close to the bathroom door that I am sure largely built people would struggle to sit astride. Also please remember to bring all your toiletries with you as hotel charges £1.50 for a razor and £4 for shaving foam stuff that is given complimentary in even holiday inn express hotels that are a fraction of the price of this place. And don't believe a thing on there website they say rooms have mini bar and safe ours sadly lacked these amenities. Also they say city centre is a 5 minute stroll away. Maybe true if you are mo Farrah but unattainable to anyone else even liverpool councils own street signs state from St. John's centre hope street is a 13 minute walk. To sum it up I would not return here even if I was offered a free stay. I have had superior rooms and service at liverpool strand travelodge. Let me finish by saying I stay at a lot of hotels and am an Accor hotels platinum member, ihg gold member and hilton silver member and you will find superior rooms and service at most of the above chains at a fraction
Of the price of hope street. Avoid at all costs

• Stayed March 2014
HSHOperationsManager, Operations Manager at Hope Street Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear madhound,

'....she joins that great scouse institution called the dole queue.'

We found your comment above rather offensive to the people of Liverpool. However, we are lovely people in a lovely city who enjoy welcoming lovely guests. I am sending our sincere apologies that you were not comfortable in your room. I have spoken with the team and we will broaden our customer service training to learn how to deal with all manner of guests.

We do sell branded toiletries at a high street prices I will look into your charges, I hope you both enjoyed the complimentary REN. St John's Market is probably 13 minutes but it is not the way we would send anyone into town.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Modern hotel in quiet part of LIverpool. Easy to walk to places of interest. Comfortable bar/coffee area and very nice restaurant serving good food. Rooms with large comfortable beds and very modern bathrooms. Staff couldn't do enough. Several restaurants in the vicinity and close to Hope university and art college. Close to bus stop for tourist bus which is worth doing if you don't know the city.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HSHOperationsManager, Operations Manager at Hope Street Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear jeannieivy,
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay with us, I am delighted that you found our staff helpful and that you enjoyed our location. The City Explorer bus stops just along Hope Street and tickets can be bought at reception. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Best Wishes,