“From good to poor” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“From good to poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed in this property twice now. First time the experience was fine from a room level and comfort level. However it was a weekend and the noise levels were high with party goers moving around in the hotel.

Second return was a disaster. Some of the rooms look like crow bars have been used to enter the doors. The room I was provided had stains all over the bed, from coke a cola to various other unknown stains. However on complaining the duty manager did upgrade us to a suite, which on a courtesy level was nice, but on a suite level, the room was not really that much better, just cleaner.

Spa, pool and gym is not that special at all but meets the purpose it serves I suppose.

Restaurants nothing special, far better places to visit near by at better costs. Tesco has a chain just up the road so at least you can get some snacks etc...

Business style hotel for quick visits or last minute bookings. Not suitable for families or a couples weekend break. Far better properties around and better locations, or closer locations.

Reasonable but would not be my choice if I was to return. Being from Liverpool but not living there anymore there are better properties, and what surprises me with this property is that the Radisson chains of hotels are normally good or above average.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Hi John

Thank you for your time to comment on your recent stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read about your experiences regarding the room that you were allocated. Please accept my sincere apology. This is certainly not the standards we pride ourselves on and I can reassure you that I will review and share your comments with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure that the same experiences will not repeat in the future. We have just recently upgraded all our beds, pillows and duvets in order to provide more luxurious and comfortable experiences for our guests. And this has been received with a great appreciation from our guests.

Our suites consist of two rooms to provide the highest comfort of a living room and bedroom space overlooking unforgettable views of the river Mersey. I was very sad to read that you did not find our suites much different to your previously allocated room.

Our restaurant has been appreciated by many guests and I am very sorry that you did not share the same experiences.

It is also with my greatest regrets to read that you did not find our hotel suitable despite of being only a very short walking distance (10 minutes) away from all the major Liverpool attractions and shops.

Our hotel offers different facilities suitable for all needs and requirements and it is in fact that during the weekend and holiday breaks the majority of our guests are families and couples, who stay with us.

I was disappointed to read about your experience, however at the same time I appreciate the feedback as we always look for new ways to improve the facilities that we offer our guests..

Hans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Edinburgh Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Just spent three nights at this great hotel. Only complaint the air conditioning, unable to turn down enough, but I find this in most hotels. Big room with great bedding. A bit of a walk from city centre. Near to the ferry terminal for I.O.M. or to take the ferry across the Mersey.

Room Tip: We had room 819 which overlooks the entrance. There are other rooms that look over to the sea.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Hi Eleanorrob,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool.
I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and in particular our spacious rooms with great beddings. We have recently upgraded all our beds, pillows and duvets and I am very glad to read that you could see and appreciate the difference.

I have already acknowledged your note regarding the air conditioning with our maintenance team to ensure that the A/C issue is rectified and fixed to its full working condition.

Thank you again for the review and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

morden surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Went here for 1 night with a friend. Hotel was very clean and tidy, rooms were one of the best i have stayed in the UK. Even asked where the pillows were from they were so comfortable. Breakfast was fabulous, everything you could want, and staff were very helpful and friendly. Was a bit of a walk down to centre but we did get a few cabs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Hi Jordjay

I appreciate the time you have taken to comment on your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Liverpool.

From your profile I could see that you have been travelling quite a lot and I was very happy to read that you found our rooms very clean and tidy and that you ranked them as one of the best ones you have stayed in the UK. We have recently upgraded all our beds, pillows and duvets and I am very happy to see that you appreciated their comfort and quality.

Providing high standard of services is our top priority and I was very happy to read that you enjoyed our Breakfast and found our staff very helpful and friendly. I will be sharing these comments with the whole team.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back and enjoying a Radisson Blu Liverpool experience again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with my partner. The hotel was lovely, it was in walking distance of the city centre in the commercial district. The room was spacious with good storage, a huge bed and lovely bathroom.
The only criticism was the air conditioning (or lack of) in the room. For a 4* hotel I would have expected better air conditioning. The first night the room was so hot that I resorted to going outside for 30mins in the middle of the night to cool down. We did report this to the reception staff and they assured us that the maintenance team would look at the air conditioning but we had the same problems on the second evening too. It made it very difficult not only to sleep but whilst getting ready to go out as the room was like a sauna.
The pool area needs serious updating. There was a rickety rusty spiral staircase leading down to the pool from the changing area and there was paint coming off the walls around the pool. I did expect better from a 4* star hotel.
All in all, the hotel was average. We paid £300 for a 2-night stay and I was a little disappointed with our choice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Check in was very friendly and proffesional. The room was overlooking the river Mersey, very clean and well equipped. We had meal in the restaurant and we could not be more happier with the quality and presentation of our meal. Breakfast is a buffet style, a lot of choices. Overall we would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for quality and efficiency.

• Stayed August 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Stayed here over the weekend. So far the best hotel I’ve stayed in. The rooms are big and with comfortable bed and pillows. The staff and service very attentive and prompt. Will be definitely back. very close to the city centrum

Room Tip: ask for a room with a river view
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Hi Danielle,

Thank you for your time to review your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Liverpool

It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel so far the best hotel you have stayed in.

We pride ourselves on providing high customer service and I am always very proud to read comments relating to our attentive and friendly staff.

I was also very happy to read that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and that you found our beds and pillows very comfortable. We have done a few improvements across the hotel and one of them was an upgrade of all our beds, pillows and beddings so our guest could have more luxurious and comfortable experiences while staying with us.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you again soon

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is a nice, modern hotel in the commercial district of the city, therefore it’s a little further to walk than some other hotels when going to city centre (however it is on the right side of the dual carriageway when compared to some other higher end hotels nearby).

The hotel has a central atrium and the rooms are all arranged around it, so no narrow corridors, which give the hotel a nice feeling of space. Also despite this arrangement the room was very quiet, no noise from other rooms whatsoever.

The hotel room was nicely furnished and comfortable, like most decent hotel rooms it was efficient and without much fuss. Stayed in Rm 505 which had a nice view out to the Mersey, its worth requesting a room on this side of the hotel otherwise you could be given a view of the office block opposite! There was a mini bar, but no price list (perhaps it was all free?! Except all of it was RFID tagged!)

No on site parking, there is a NCP car park 30m walk away, on street parking is not advisable as the pay and display restrictions apply every day.

The swimming pool was showing the signs of age (chlorine water rusting the metal work), however it’s a really nice pool.

Cant comment on breakfast – Tai Pan Chinese restaurant is a short drive away for really good dim sum!

Room Tip: ask for view of Mersey
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi

Thank you for the time you have taken to comment on your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool.

I was happy to read that you found our hotel in terms of its design very nice and modern. As mentioned in your review the central atrium is a unique hotel feature raising upto the 9th floor, which gives the hotel an overall feeling of space and light.

I was also very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms very quiet, nicely furnished and comfortable.

I appreciate your comments regarding the swimming pool and we are currently working on a project to get these issues resolved.

Thank you again for the review and I hope to welcome you back again soon.