“Big room, beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #48 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Oxford
“Big room, beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Visited Liverpool for work this week - one of my favourite cities. This was my first stay in this hotel, and I'll definitely try and stay there again in future. Beautiful design inside - huge atrium with the rooms arranged on balconies. The room and the bed were enormous, and all the facilities worked. Breakfast was fine but nothing special.

Room Tip: I was on the ninth floor and heard no street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Hi

Thank you for taking your time to share your experiences of your recent stay at Radisson Blu Liverpool.

From your profile I can see that you have been travelling quite a lot and visited a few different places. Liverpool is a fantastic and vibrant city and I am very happy to see that it is also one of your favourite cities. I very much appreciate your comments regarding the hotel design in particular about our unique feature of the beautiful lobby atrium.

We have recently upgraded all our beds, duvets and pillows I am very glad to see that you could experience the comfort and space they provide.

Once more thank you for your time and I look forward welcoming you back again very soon.

Hans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Yeovil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

I stayed here with the family for 2 nights, I booked in over the phone stating I had a baby and a dog with me. They put a travel cot in the room which was clean and hardly used, but they did put us on the 8th floor which was a pain taking the dog out. All the staff were friendly and helpful, food is of a good standard with a good selection for breakfast. It is located only a few minutes from the Center and the same from the river Mersey. This can be a problem if you arrive by car, the cheapest car park is a NSP a minute walk from the hotel which charges £15.50 per 24 hours. This is one of the factor to cost in if staying here.
Overall a good hotel as expected with helpful staff, but they should sort an arrangement out with a local car park to help customers with the cost.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I hate having to report this as i work in the industry myself but the staff here really let it down. Reception staff helped us with our enquiries as to the best night life spots and they were nice enough but the bar staff were dismissive and uninterested, we also ordered room service and found the staff delivering it pretty miserable to be honest! Oh and the breakfast was average... sausages were a bit gross and the scrambled egg looked like nuclear waste.

Hotel is nice. Decent location. Would probably stay again if i could get a good enough deal.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sophielinley
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Hi,

Thank you for your time to comment on your recent stay with us.

While I was very happy to read about your positive comments regarding the reception staff I must admit that I was disappointed to see that you did not find the same level of the customer service across the whole hotel. I have already raised your concerns with the F&B Manager in order to ensure that this will not repeat in the future.

I have received quite a lot of positive comments regarding our breakfast and please accept my apology that we did not meet your expectations. I will share your comments with the Head chef.

On the other hand I was very happy to read that you found our hotel nice and in a suitable location.

Once more thank you for your comments.

Navan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is an excellent hotel. Everything is in very good condition, very good staff and a very short walk to the city centre.
The rooms are excellent and the only complaint I have was that the air-conditioning was not very effective and left the bedroom very warm and as the window didn't open it was uncomfortable.
If staying in Liverpool try here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Hi Joscarroll,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us here at Radisson Blu Liverpool.

From your profile I can see that you have been travelling quite a lot and I truly appreciate your feedback. It was very nice for me to read that as an experienced traveller you found our hotel and rooms excellent. I was also very happy to read your positive comments about our staff, which I will definitely be sharing with my team.

Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused with the A/C unit. I have raised your concerns with our maintenance manager and we are currently working on a small project to get these issues resolved

Thank you again for the review, and I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to Liverpool.

Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night in this hotel to celebrate a friend's birthday. We booked 4 rooms for 8 guests and all enjoyed it immensely. One of our party is disabled and received really good care from the staff, one of whom went to their room with them to check that all was well. We had a snack lunch and some drinks in the bar before going out for the afternoon, the food was tasty and the drink reasonably priced for a 4 star hotel. Although we had planned to eat out, a foul up with our restaurant booking meant that we returned to the hotel for late night food and drinks which we all enjoyed. On the Sunday morning we had arranged balloons and flowers for our friend's birthday, the staff made a great job of laying out the table for breakfast. The breakfast was excellent and rounded off a lovely stay. The rooms were very nice with huge comfortable beds and lovely views over the Mersey. Would happily return.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Blu for one Saturday night. It is a 20 minute walk from Lime Station. The room was comfortable, nice sized and clean. The staff was pleasant. We requested to have a late checkout for 6:00 pm due to a tour and they were very accommodating. The breakfast buffet was very satisfying and included a range of items from cereals to hot foods like eggs, mushrooms and sausage. Tip: Pay for the buffet at check-in to save ~3 pounds!!!! The bar area was clean and included a large screen tv. The food from the bar was adequate. There were a few hen parties but we did not hear any noise. We would definitely stay here again when we come to Liverpool.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi,

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and you found our rooms very comfortable, spacious and clean. We have recently replaced all our beds, duvets and pillows and I am very glad to hear that you appreciated the comfort they provide.

Delivering high standard of services is our top priority and I was very happy to read that you enjoyed our Breakfast and found it very satisfying. Our staff is there always to assist and help with whatever enquiry and I was very glad to read about your positive experiences relating to our staff during your stay.

Thank you again for the review, and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed in this property twice now. First time the experience was fine from a room level and comfort level. However it was a weekend and the noise levels were high with party goers moving around in the hotel.

Second return was a disaster. Some of the rooms look like crow bars have been used to enter the doors. The room I was provided had stains all over the bed, from coke a cola to various other unknown stains. However on complaining the duty manager did upgrade us to a suite, which on a courtesy level was nice, but on a suite level, the room was not really that much better, just cleaner.

Spa, pool and gym is not that special at all but meets the purpose it serves I suppose.

Restaurants nothing special, far better places to visit near by at better costs. Tesco has a chain just up the road so at least you can get some snacks etc...

Business style hotel for quick visits or last minute bookings. Not suitable for families or a couples weekend break. Far better properties around and better locations, or closer locations.

Reasonable but would not be my choice if I was to return. Being from Liverpool but not living there anymore there are better properties, and what surprises me with this property is that the Radisson chains of hotels are normally good or above average.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Hi John

Thank you for your time to comment on your recent stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read about your experiences regarding the room that you were allocated. Please accept my sincere apology. This is certainly not the standards we pride ourselves on and I can reassure you that I will review and share your comments with the Housekeeping Manager to ensure that the same experiences will not repeat in the future. We have just recently upgraded all our beds, pillows and duvets in order to provide more luxurious and comfortable experiences for our guests. And this has been received with a great appreciation from our guests.

Our suites consist of two rooms to provide the highest comfort of a living room and bedroom space overlooking unforgettable views of the river Mersey. I was very sad to read that you did not find our suites much different to your previously allocated room.

Our restaurant has been appreciated by many guests and I am very sorry that you did not share the same experiences.

It is also with my greatest regrets to read that you did not find our hotel suitable despite of being only a very short walking distance (10 minutes) away from all the major Liverpool attractions and shops.

Our hotel offers different facilities suitable for all needs and requirements and it is in fact that during the weekend and holiday breaks the majority of our guests are families and couples, who stay with us.

I was disappointed to read about your experience, however at the same time I appreciate the feedback as we always look for new ways to improve the facilities that we offer our guests..