“impressive all round”

Ranked #49 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
“impressive all round”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We booked this hotel as a base for exploring the city with our teenage children and older parents. Liverpool is a pretty compact city and this hotel is only 10 mins walk from most of the attractions.

Hotel staff were charming and helpful, went to great lengths to sort out problems with my parent's room which was too hot, they offered another room on the 9th floor which turned out to be a suite and were persauded to offer some dinner as an apology which we viewed as great customer service.

The gym facilities were good with an excellent range of aerobic and resistance machines, though the pool was a bit scruffy with some wear and tear needing attention.

Breakfasts were excellent with loads of choice of hot and cold buffet dishes, fresh eggs made to order if requested. Restaurant staff attentive and good humoured.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, sound carries far in this building which is constructed around a single tria...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonathan F
, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 2 June 2017
Dear Guest , Thank you for your feedback at Radisson Blu Liverpool .I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to welcoming you back in the near future .

Radisson Blu Liverpool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Lets start with the good points. Very nice room, and massive comfy bed. Also very quiet. Massage in the health spa very good too.
Unfortunately the rest of our experience not so positive. We booked this hotel for a couple of days break as it was a spa hotel. On our arrival at reception we were not even given a smile of welcome, and almost felt like we were disturbing the staff member by booking in. We were told to get the lift to our room, but not told where the lifts were until we looked around and couldn't see them (they were behind a wall).
On our second day my husband went to the gym whilst I went for a massage. I went up to gym to meet him following my massage and he was very unhappy. The gym was a shambles. It was scruffy, the machines were not working at all, or tatty and falling apart. We had read the reviews about this before we booked but were still surprised how bad it was. My husband gave up on the gym and came to the pool with me. As noted on previous reviews the stairs down to the pool were in a poor state of repair. The pool itself was fine, but a little small. The Jacuzzi was not very warm so not a pleasant experience. There were no showers working next to the pool, and there was a notice saying that they and the sauna were not working due to refurbishment, however the sauna was working.
I appreciate that there may have been refurbishment going on (although there were no signs of it actually happening) but i think potential guests should be advised of this prior to booking in order for guests to make an informed choice.
If you just want a nice bed to sleep in and a good massage this is the hotel for you, if you want a spa experience and friendly, welcoming staff go somewhere else and spend less money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for you feedback from your stay at Radisson Blu

Kind Regards

Deddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel through a corporate booking agent do wasn't expecting anything special. I was pleasantly suprised when I turned up at the hotel and was more than pleased with the room overlooking the Mersey. The room was clean and airy and if I do have a complaint it was that the bed was particularly soft and felt like the princess and the pea and so didn't sleep well. Although some people will like that sort of bedding. As with all hotel chains the breakfast leaves something to be desired and considering it supposed to be the most important meal of the day , they always indifferent at best. . Bacon which would give shoe leather a run for its money, bland tasteless sausages that I did wonder if they were made from OAP meat as they were that wrinkly and why oh why can't hotels get their toasters to actually toast the bread so it has so colour ratherr than it to pop out looking like a goth who had spent two minutes in the sun. Having said this I'll definately stay here again but next time just have fruit and cereal for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013

Kansas City, MO
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The Radisson Blu, Liverpool is located fairly near the docks, which is where some tourist attractions are located (such as The Beatles Story.) It is also close to the city center and you could walk to the Cavern Club if you're a Beatles fan. It was very quiet on the 9th floor, where we were located. The decor is interesting -- a little funky. For example, the headboard of the bed had lighted panels in blue, yellow and red. You could choose to light the headboard, or not. There was free, unlimited wi fi available in the room which is very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Bollington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed here for a wedding for 2 nights. We got upgraded as we were part of the Wedding Party. The staff really couldn't do enough to help, they were brilliant. The view down from the 8th floor is stomach churning, with the big open central space. Don't look over the edge if you don't like heights.
Bedrooms over looking the Mersey were really nicely decorated and quiet
Breakfast was very good and had a good range.
We got back from the Wedding at around midnight and they had shut the bar, even for residents, which was a bit disappointing.
The hotel has it's own privite car parking with valet.
A really good hotel and overall experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Myself and three friends went to Liverpool for the weekend and made a great choice to stay here. Mark on reception was our first point of contact and was very helpful as were all the staff. Our rooms were lovely good size clean and very comfortable the only thing was the air con my two friends were moved as their air con was not working and I don't think our air con was working either it was so hot ! Myself and my friend returned home with sore throats and blocked noses !
The breakfast was lovely and plenty of choice and the staff efficient and helpful. The location was great and you are close to the city centre and attractions but a taxi is cheap if raining as it was when we went, This is a great hotel and is so far one of my favourites that I have stayed in and I would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel to others . We spoke to someone staying in the top suite and they showed us around it we were like kids looking around it fab is all I can say! My friends did get moved to a junior suite lucky things and that was really nice with a little lounge and two bathrooms great for getting ready for gong out. All in all an excellent hotel with excellent staff,

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

London
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I was in town for a few days and wanted a good hotel with a good gym that I could use each day.

The Radisson advertised full use of the attached gym - ARK Spa & Fitness.

Unfortunately the so called "fully equipped gym" had no weights. What use is a gym with no weights? I specifically picked this hotel so I could carry on with my training programme while away. I was very annoyed that I could not do this.

The Pool is very small, and the Spa is not really upto 4 star standard.

However the hotel was Ok. Its in a good location and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business