“Recent visit to the hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #48 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Just returned from a three day family stay at the Radisson Blu, Liverpool and really enjoyed our time. We visited in April last year over the Grand National weekend and ended up paying way over the odds for a room that was shabby, not very warm breakfasts and a swimming pool and area that was dirty and cold with paint coming off the ceiling.

However, upon our return things have greatly improved. The swimming pool area has been revamped and was much cleaner and inviting. The room was clean and a good size with everything you would expect. The breakfasts were very good and the staff friendly and helpful throughout the hotel.

I would recommend staying here and it is well positioned for the city centre and Albert Dock, about a 15 or so minute walk. My special thanks to the manager Hans Konings for his assistance with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear nandpcambs,

Thank you very much for taking the time and share your 4 star review.

I am pleased your second visit was a success and I hope we have been able to restore your faith.

The Ark Spa and Fitness has recently undergone a complete refurbishment and I'm glad you noticed the improvement.

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here last week from Thursday to Saturday and had such a great expereience concidering the stay we had in Birmingham over Christmas was absolutly terrible. I would not stay at the Birmingham one again but deffinetly the Liverpool hotel. The building is very clean and modern with great service, room service was spot on couldnt of asked for anything better, We was upgraded to Business class and had our second night free due to our problems in Birmingham, which we was very gratfull for. The all you can eat breakfast was amazing and there was so much to choose from very impressive. All the staff was really helpfull, but there was a chinease girl on front desk who could of looked a bit happier to be there and could of been a bit more pleasent but apart from that our whole stay was Fantastic. The bedroom was loverly and the bed was really comfy too but there was only one bath robe in the room when we thought there should of been 2 aswell as 1 pair of slippers. Will deffinitely go back to this hotel and recommmend it to everyone.
Thanks Radisson Blu Liverpool for gaining our trust back as a hotel chain, its a shame about the Birmingham Hotel let us down in the first place, but you have won us back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
LBAZH, Front Office Supervisor at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Carl R,

Thank you very much for taking the time and share your 4 star review with us.

I'm pleased we were able to restore your trust in Radisson Blu and that you had a great experience staying here with us in Liverpool.

Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Booking afternoon tea here for my friends birthday we were left rather dissatisfied. On arrival the bar was very busy and we were asked to wait (no problem) but then we were led into the smallest corner of the room sat down and our plate of food plonked infront of us!!! Everyone else was served their afternoon tea on a cake stand which is the norm but ours was served on a slate type plate all the sandwiches and cakes together! Then a member of staff brought over a pot of tea and coffee already made up and waked alway before we could even ask what type of tea it was~ we drink earl grey! We then asked for earl grey and was told we could have one tea bag each of this but any more we would have to pay extra for so we had to reuse the tea bag each time we wanted more tea! The sandwiches and cakes were tasty enough but we felt that because we had not paid for champagne tea we were kinda left to look after ourselves. Would not go back again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Danielleforrest

Dear Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your afternoon tea experience.

I am very sorry to read that you did not experience our excellent afternoon tea service and that you were cut short on your tea consumption. This is certainly not our normal standard.

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed the sandwiches and the cakes but I understand that the overall experience was disappointing.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to make it right.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have stayed here quite a lot as our office is just across the road. Never before has the stay been totally satisfactory. I've had everything from boiling hot rooms, to the TV not working and the internet not working. I continue it stay though due to location, and I like the building and atmosphere.
I seem to get upgraded to club room which is great.
This time the stay was the best I have ever had, it was really good and I nearly gave it 5 stars, but I've just knocked half a star off for breakfast.
The room was cool- not like last year. Hopefully when summer comes, the air con will hold up.
The internet could get a signal and was pretty fast.
The food in the restaurant was pricey, but very tasty. I had the sea bass and it was extremely good.
Staff always seem good.
Overall top marks, well done to the manager and staff who seem to be ironing out the niggling issues.
The only letdown is the breakfast, and it is a slight letdown, just not great quality.
The scrambled eggs are always some of the worst I have had.
The tomatoes are a bit tasteless.
The bacon is not great and not crispy enough.
The Cumberland sausage is good though.
Could do with crispy hash browns rather than mini potatoes.
Sorry to end on a bit of a negative, but I thought you'd like honest feedback as I am sure you can up the quality of the breakfast a bit.
Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Wakeywarrior,

Thank you very much for taking the time and give us your 4 star review

You are correct, we are grateful for honest feedback as we are always looking to improve the guest experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool.

I'm glad you have chosen to stay with us frequently for business and I am even more pleased that you had your best stay ever. Thank you very much for your loyalty.

We will continue to work towards 100% guest satisfaction and I hope when you next stay everything will be just as good but we are aiming for the 5 star review.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Lovely hotel,very clean,friendly staff,good location for shopping at Liverpool one and for the Albert dock,plenty of restuarants for a meal in the evening,breakfast was buffet style which there was plenty of choices,overall a very good hotel. Only one fault the swimming pool was very cold.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pamela L,

Thank you for your excellent 5 star review for your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool.

I'm so pleased you had a great time and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Currently staying in the Radisson in Liverpool and i don't see what the big thing is? Fatty steak on an evening, breakfast - had to ask for the table to be set up, ask for tea, ask for bacon, ask girl for a plate etc etc. gave an hours notice for my car to turn up (originally told 30 minutes and then for the time I would need it for would only need to give 10 mins) and guess what, they didn't get it till I turned up (great value for £20). Asked prior a taxi to be ordered on an evening, went down to reception to find they hadn't ordered it. Overall not worth the money stay in the Marriott or another cheaper option.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Unknown7777777

Thank you very much for taking the time and share your comments on Tripadvisor.

I was very disappointed to read your experience regarding your recent stay with us. Not a very good first time experience, which is a real shame. We are often recognised for our excellent customer service and I am really sorry that you did not have that same experience.

I will make sure we review your comments with the team and improve in these areas going forward.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Myself and my wife went for a night in Liverpool and choose the radisson blu for our overnight stay for our wedding annerversary
When arrived we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite many thanks this reall made our stay
Pool was fine
Buffet breakfast was good
All in all a great stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear cpjemj,

Thank you for your excellent 5 star review for your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool.

I'm so pleased you had a great time, and many congratulations on your wedding anniversary.

We hope we can welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards,