“good but not great”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #49 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 28 May 2014

the restaurant and breakfast were the highlights of this hotel. we were at a family wedding and the restaurant catered the meal which was fantastic, great italian food well served with plenty of it. The room was OK but the beds were a bit soft and the shower a little underpressured. Staff were helpful and the in house bar was good, overall a really nice hotel stay in a convenient location. I would certainly stay again. The spa and pool were a nice bonus

Room Tip: A view of the mersey is a must
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LBAZH, Front Office Supervisor at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear GSWebby,
Thank you for your 4 star review, your comments are very much appreciated. I'm glad you found the food and restaurant to be of good quality, we do work hard to provide our guests with a great eating experience. I have passed your comments about the water pressure from the shower onto our maintenance team and we will get this issue resolved. We look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in Liverpool.

Kind regards

Chris Knapman, Front Office Supervisor.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights 14/15th May, room 703. The staff were very friendly but our room had serious faults - missing spotlight, broken dressing table lamp, broken bedside lamp, missing comfortable lounge chair, fan not working in the bathroom, no dressing gowns. A bedroom fan that was too noisy - it was a very hot night and we found it difficult to sleep with it on. These faults were reported to reception at 8am the next morning. After touring the city we arrived back exhausted at 3pm to find the room being cleaned. At 3.30pm the electrician arrived and dealt with the problems, even finding the missing chair. Our dressing gowns also arrived. All this 24 hours after arriving. This is not acceptable and I emailed the manager regarding the faults but he has not bothered to reply. this is not the 4* treatment that we would have expected.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LBAZH, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear BN,
Thank you for taking your time and share your comments about your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the overall experience. I have contacted you directly to discuss your stay, you should have already received an email from me. If you have not received this, can you please let me know on chris.wormald@radissonblu.com

Looking forward speaking to you.

Kind Regards,
Chris, Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Good location, my room overlooked the Mersey, so I could watch the ferries. Comfortable, clean room, good wifi. Breakfast good (but the only eggs were scrambled). Valet parking expensive at £20 per night, but local car parks are not cheap. Good for a city break, the staff were very good

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Peter_Dawn01,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you enjoyed the spectacular views of across the Mersey. Our Super Buffet Breakfast has over 90 items and specialty items to order, including eggs to order and kippers. Our valet parking is in a secure location and needs to be booked in advance, however there is other parking located nearby, which all our staff are happy to give directions to.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Liverpool in the near future.

Many Thanks Chris, Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel itself was lovely and clean, breakfast was average and a bonus it had pool. The only drawback for us was the distance to walk to the city centre and Albert docks. It took 25 minutes brisk walk to get there and as we were with an overnight stay shopping tour it was just to far from everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LBAZH, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Nody_76,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear that you thought the hotel was lovely, and that you enjoyed the pool, which is free for guests to use. We are located in the business district of Liverpool and as such are a short walk from the main shopping centre. All the staff here at the Radisson Blu are happy to call a taxi for guests or provide directions for the short 15 min walk into the main city centre.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I choose to stay here when in Liverpool on business. Its clean, staff are friendly and the breakfast is top-notch. Beds are super comfy, and lots of hot water in a good shower. Have used the gym and pool a few times, which are also good. I don't know when the bathrooms were last done out but some need a bit of a spruce up... Bit of mould here and there etc, nothing major. will be staying again. The view looking down on the atrium from the 9th floor is wonderful :-)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nody_76,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our beds; we have had a number of positive comments about them. We always strive to give a professional yet friendly service from all staff members and am glad to hear you agree. I am sorry that you had a problem with the bathroom and will ensure to let maintenance know.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Liverpool

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Myself and 13 friends stayed at the Raddison Blu in Liverpool for my friends hotel. From the valet parking to the spacious, modern, clean and airy rooms it was a great hotel.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast in the morning was brilliant.

We will definately be back, this time I'll stay for 2 nights so we can take advantage of the spa too!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear MissMUk,

Thank you for this Fantastic Five Star review of the Radisson Blu Liverpool. Myself and the team are very happy that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Radisson Blu Liverpool in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights last week. There were good and bad about this place. On the positive side, the breakfast selection was excellent, all the staff I came across were lovely and the location was fantastic for what we needed.

My room was decorated to quite a good standard with excellent pillows and really comfortable beds but there was mould in the shower which is easily fixed but not great to look at.

We had a meeting in the Sandon room and it was extremely hot in the afternoon as the sun set on that side of the building. The aircon wasn't able to cope with it. The tea on both days in the break in the morning and afternoon was lukewarm. The snacks were strange. A full size waffle, with honey and a napkin?

Could definitely have been better.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sparkles38,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our bedrooms very comfortable, the staff friendly and you enjoyed breakfast.
I am sorry there was a problem with your bathroom and I have made our maintenance team aware so that we get this corrected straight away.
My apologies for the heat in the Sandon suite, the room faces onto the river and during a very hot day the room can heat up a little. We always work with our maintenance team to ensure that the main A/C is increased to ensure the comfort of our guests.
I am sorry that our break service during you meeting was not up to standard and I will ensure that the meetings and events manger is informed. We have had a number of positive comments on the snacks provided including our Belgium waffle and golden syrup snack, however I understand that this may not be to everyone’s taste.