“Brilliant time”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #48 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our son and daughter-in-law, were married here on Friday 30th May (our 34th wedding anniversary), staff were brilliant especially John - thank you John. We had a great 3 days in your hotel, memories will last forever. Beautiful Bridal suite with great views over the Mersey.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
LBAZH, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Brian R,

Than you for your four star review, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and even more pleased that your son's wedding went well, I'll pass your regards onto John. I hope we can create more memories in the future and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Super Modern, clean, friendly staff, great facilities in a good location. View of the Liverpool docks from Hotel rooms is also quite impressive. Probably the most comfy hotel bed I have ever slept in! Only gripe is there is no parking on site. Walking to the local NCP car park is not ideal in particularly when it is raining & you have multiple bags to carry. Otherwise I would certainly highly recommend myself & will not be stayin anywhere else when I am in Liverpool on business.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Daniel S,

Thank you very much for your fantastic 5 star review, I'm so glad you had a great time. We pride ourselves on our comfy beds and great views, so I'm happy you enjoyed these. We do have parking on site, though it is very limited and we operate this as a valet service, so I apologise that this service was not available to you when you checked in.

We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Liverpool.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were on a coach trip visiting a number of venues, the most noise came from hen and stag parties going on till 04.00+ hours.The Air Conditioning was also noisy with no way to of switching it off.BUT the staff worked very hard, and were very friendly, food was good,BUT drinks at the bar were overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Bill H,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the hospitality we offer at the hotel regarding the staff and food. I do apologise however for the noise you experienced, Liverpool is a very lively city and is popular with groups at the weekends, we do try and keep noise levels to a minimum during the night and I'm sorry that the noise levels kept you awake. We do hope you'll come back and have a more pleasant night's sleep in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We chose the Radisson for our wedding and are so pleased that we did. The staff were absolutely amazing throughout. We were looked after so well and nothing was too much. The space that was put aside for the wedding was stunning, with beautiful views of the Mersey. Also, the wedding breakfast was honestly the best food I have eaten at a wedding and the meals were served quickly and hot. I stayed in the River Suite the night before with my bridesmaids and mum as well as with my husband on our wedding night. The room was huge! I ordered more coffees for the machine as well as breakfast to the room. Both of which were delivered promptly. We truly had an amazing wedding, which was made extra special by the staff. Our guests were all looked after so well and we had many comments from them about how good the hotel had been.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LBAZH, Customer Care Specialist at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear hols1186337

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it is always lovely to receive feedback from our guests especially when they have enjoyed their stay. With special events such as weddings it is most important to us that all the guests as well as the bride and groom are happy with their rooms and the service they receive. We are ideally located in the city centre whether you are looking to explore Liverpool or to enjoy all the facilities we have on site. I do hope you can visit us again soon and explore the gym and pool facilities the Ark Health and Fitness has to offer.

Ruth Sherlock
Customer Care Specialist

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We went to a wedding reception 30th may 2014.Beautiful hotel and 5 stars for the all the staff we spoke to,very friendly and helpful,could not fault any of them.The buffet was equally excellent,could not be faulted. Now comes the gripe; we had one pint of Beck's, flat and disgusting taste, and the beer strength questionable. Then tried pint of Stella,again flat and disgusting taste, and beer strength questionable. Did not try any other drink the rest of the night.At £4.30 per pint,not cheap and not impressionable,would think twice about going there again. Zero stars for their beer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Philip A

Dear Philip A,
Thank you for taking the time for reviewing your visit to the hotel. I'm glad you had a great time and liked the hotel and the staff. I do apologise however for your experience with the bar, I will look into this to see if there is wider issue and ensure it is resolved. We hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We booked for the weekend so that we can attend a wedding in Liverpool. First impressions of the hotel were good while we were in the lobby. However, as soon as we got out of the lift on the fourth floor it was apparent how noisey the place is. The hotel is built around an atrium and to be honest it feels like an old fashioned prison with landings.
In the room things didn't get better. The noise in the atrium was terrible, there is no sound proofing to the doors.
The air conditioning wouldn't work properly, the dial on the wall was broken. The mini bar is empty and turned off, the electric kettle in the room carries a label stating it was last safety tested in 2007 and next test is due in 2008!! The iron is broken!
I'm extremely disappointed, this isn't what I expect from a 4 star hotel. And certainly not a cheap hotel. I've stayed in many radisson blu hotels before and have never been disappointed until now.
I certainly will not be back.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Medic1281
LBAZH, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Medic1281,
Thank you for taking your time and share your comments about your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the overall experience.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on chris.wormald@radissonblu.com so we can discuss your stay in more detail and make sure we make this right.

Looking forward speaking to you.

Kind Regards,
Chris Wormald, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Myself my partner and daughter have just come back from two nights stay, all I can say is fantastic staff on front desk especially vicky, valeted carpark is well recommend and our car was brought to us on time Everytime we requested, breakfast was great ranging from continental to full english, our room on second floor overlooking the mersey was great, clean, comfortable bed and spacious bathroom, whiteroom was lovely and bud on tap was very refreshing!! Also the Italian restaurant was good.. Tagliatelle was excellent along with the staff. Totally recommend. Best wishes paul Osborne Louise and olivia

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LBAZH, Customer Care Specialist at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Paul O,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 star review. Your comments about our staff are always greatly appreciated and I will pass on to Vicky your great review! In regards to the valet car parking service we offer we do our very best to ensure all our guests are not kept waiting too long whilst we get their car brought around as it can be busy on the front desk. I am so glad that you were satisfied with your river view room, The Filini Restaurant and White Bar as the happiness of all of our guests is most important to us and all the staff here. We do hope to see you again soon.

Ruth Sherlock and all the staff at Radisson Blu Liverpool