“Nice hotel and good value for price paid”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #49 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel and good value for price paid”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my husband and 10 year old daughter. It was very clean, the check in process was easy and our room was ready when we checked in around 12.30. The staff were friendly and breakfast was good, I would definitely recommend especially for the price we paid. The best part was the pillows they were amazingly soft! My only criticism is they squeezed in a fold up bed for our daughter rather than the room already having a bed in and the room simply was not big enough for another bed.

Room Tip: If your travelling with a child make sure you get a proper family room rather than a double with ano...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MCMCHC
LBAZH, Guest Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear MCMCHC,

Thank you for your lovely review and your comments about our staff, they are always most appreciated and I will ensure they are made aware of them. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest had enjoyed their stay and I must apologise for the fact that the extra bed felt like it took up so much space in the room. Unfortunately all of our standard rooms are of the same size, however we do alternatively offer interconnecting rooms or Suites that can accommodate more guests and avoid this should you like to book with us in the future. I hope we can welcome you back to Liverpool soon.

Ruth Sherlock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We checked in on Friday evening and were a little late for a function due to traffic jams. I went into the bathroom to shower and found that the shower get bottle was covered in brown sticky 'stuff' I didn't want to hazzard a guess as to what it was. Luckily I had brought a bottle of my own shower gel. I then went to brush my teeth and found that there was green mucus stuck to the sink from the previous occupant. I reported this as we left and housekeeping re-cleaned the room while we were out. I came back in the early hours of the morning the find that there were black marks on the sheet of my bed and the duvet cover was ironed in the middle but the edges were very creased and still damp. I didn't raise this at the time as I was too tired to bother but having stayed at Raddison hotels before, I foolishly expected the same high standards and was very disappointed. Some of the staff in the restaurant and on reception looked like they could have done with having their uniforms laundered. Not a great first impression for guests. I will say that most of the staff we did speak to were very polite and helpful. Not sure if we will return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Calwelsh,

Thank you taking the time to give us your feedback we always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially if there are any improvements we can make to ensure they enjoy their stay. I must apologise for your experience with us here, it does not sound like the high standards we are used to having at Radisson Blu and I will ensure I take your issues up with our housekeeping manager and that we correct this for you. All our staff are friendly and helpful to all our guests and I myself am very disappointed that you did not receive a good first impression from them during your stay. This is definitely something I will speak to our head of departments regarding. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact our Front Office Manager here in Liverpool,
Chris Wormald – chris.wormald@radissonblu.com.

newon-le-willows
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Just spent at night at this hotel. Excellent hotel. We were here for The Giants spectacular. The hotel is clean. The staff can't do enough for you. A lovely atmosphere in the hotel. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to ny friends.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Joan S,

Thank you so much for your amazing 5 star review! It’s a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool. I am so glad that you found the hotel atmosphere and staff relaxed and lovely and I hope you enjoyed the Giant Spectacular in the city this weekend! I do hope that you have another reason to come back and visit us again soon!

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The whole hotel is nice. The bar food is exceptional and the gym is excellent. All the staff are friendly. The only downside is that the air con in the rooms is not very good. The big screen in the bar is good for sport

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stephen A,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, I am delighted to hear that the bar food was exceptional during your stay and that you had the chance to enjoy the gym also! I apologise that the air conditioning did not seem up to standard in your room, I will ensure maintenance are made aware of this as they are in the process of replacing any systems with faults and are on site at the hotel to check any issues during your stay. I hope this does not discourage you from staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My parnter an I had one night in this hotel . Although a short stay , the buisness room we had was amazing and clean, and the staff were very helpful. Will definitely be staying here next time we're in the area!! We had a few drinks after watching a musical , that was only a 10minute walk away, an thr barman was kind and attentive with us all night. Beautiful hotel, lovely atmosphere. We also used the spa facilities , that was also wonderful!

Stayed March 2014
Dear Eirian S,

Thank you so much for your lovely 5 star review! I’m so glad that you had the chance to experience one of our Business Class rooms with all the extra features such as a guaranteed river view and bathrobes and slippers in the room to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. We are ideally located for a trip into town to see a musical, just a few minutes either walking or by taxi to the many theatres we have to offer in Liverpool. I’m so glad you had a wonderful time and that you had the opportunity to use our White Bar and Ark spa and fitness facilities. I hope we can welcome you back soon,

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Second visit to the hotel and it didn't disappoint. Stayed with friends for one night. The rooms are great and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Great location easy walking distance to all amenities. Will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank nitta1
Dear Nitta1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your lovely review! It’s a pleasure to hear that the rooms and service all lived up to your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay again with us. We are ideally located to all the city centre attractions and our staff are always more than happy to assist our guests with any requests they might have. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Waterlooville, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in a good central location. Swimming pool in the basement is nice enough but the jacuzzi only come on for a minute at a time which is a little annoying.
Breakfast is good. The room was good. The lifts were good. And the location was excellent. I would stay here again

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wj_cerberus
Dear Wj_cerberus,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am glad you found everything to your satisfaction and that the location was ideal for you in the city centre and that you would definitely stay with us again. I will follow up with our Ark Spa and Fitness manager in regards to the Jacuzzi and hope when you stay again this is not an issue for you.