“FANTASTIC HOTEL STAFF AND LOCATION 5 STAR”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #49 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC HOTEL STAFF AND LOCATION 5 STAR”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel fri sat night and from the second we arrived to the second we left it was 5 star all the way the room fantastic and the view over the Mersey incredible within 10 min walk we were in the heart of the city cavern club city hall docks all within a5 to 10 minute leisurely stroll breakfast is a must you name it they have it the bar was comfortable and friendly we just couldn't fault this hotel it's simply a 10/10 and in future trips to liverpool we will be back at the radisson I can't praise them highly enough well done your standards are there for all to see you made our trip one of the best ever .

Room Tip: Try for a view over the Mersey it's breathtaking lots of activity on it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
LBAZH, Guest Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear John K,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review, it is a pleasure to read. I know myself and all the staff are always delighted to hear such kind comments and we do wish every guest to have as happy a stay as you did. Our location is as ideal for access to all the city centre attractions, just a few minutes walking. It is lovely to hear that everything from the room to the bar was to your satisfaction. I do hope we can warmly welcome you back in the near future.

Ruth Sherlock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
uk
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed for one night with a group of friends. Hotel room was very nice the bed was huge and very comfortable. Nice goodies in the bathroom, usual stuff in room kettle, fridge, TV, trouser press, iron hair dryer etc. We also had a designer leather recliner chair in the room. Friends room had excellent view of river.
Staff were helpful on reception. Bar service in the evening was very slow and drinks were expensive £7 for a cocktail.
Breakfast on Sunday morning was ok but the staff were organised. Tables weren't cleared away, we were shown to a table but no one came to bring cups/cutlery etc or ask for our drinks order. We had to get up and ask someone in the end as no one seemed to realise we had been waiting a long time. The self service buffet was good if you could get what you wanted as a lot of the food needed replenishing even though breakfast was still due to be served for around another two hours and there was no sign of it coming out of the kitchen. One member of staff an older lady was arguing with other staff members and appeared to be overwhelmed. I think they need to get the organising side of things sorted out here.
We booked ages ago so got a good deal £68 which for the standard of the room was good but if I had paid full price £167 a few days before travelling I would have been disappointed with the poor level of service in the bar and at breakfast.
The hotel is modern, well maintained,& clean. I was concerned when I saw the atrium style setting that the noise would travel through all of the hotel as the rooms aren't along corridors like a conventional hotel. however I never heard any noise when I was in the room which is unusual when you are in a hotel. Curtains were heavy so the room was dark and with no noise and an enormous comfortable bed we did have a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sandra020
LBAZH, Guest Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Sandra020,

Thank you for your honest feedback, I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the room and view was to your liking. We do offer all the amenities you mentioned in our standard rooms; kettle, and hairdryer etc. and the beds are huge to ensure a great night’s sleep! I must apologise for your experience at breakfast and that you did not find the service lived up to your expectations. I will ensure this is passed onto our Restaurant and Bar manager to address this. I do hope it does not discourage you from staying with us again in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here on Friday and Saturday night for the giants weekend - hotel excellent we upgraded to business class so had a great river view from the 9th floor

Hotel is in great location on the edge of the city and we would stay again here

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view
Dear Jon T,

Thank you so much for your review, we are in a perfect location in the city centre just a few minutes walking from the central attractions. I hope you enjoyed the Giant Spectacular and that we can welcome you back to Liverpool again soon!

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my husband and 10 year old daughter. It was very clean, the check in process was easy and our room was ready when we checked in around 12.30. The staff were friendly and breakfast was good, I would definitely recommend especially for the price we paid. The best part was the pillows they were amazingly soft! My only criticism is they squeezed in a fold up bed for our daughter rather than the room already having a bed in and the room simply was not big enough for another bed.

Room Tip: If your travelling with a child make sure you get a proper family room rather than a double with ano...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MCMCHC
Dear MCMCHC,

Thank you for your lovely review and your comments about our staff, they are always most appreciated and I will ensure they are made aware of them. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest had enjoyed their stay and I must apologise for the fact that the extra bed felt like it took up so much space in the room. Unfortunately all of our standard rooms are of the same size, however we do alternatively offer interconnecting rooms or Suites that can accommodate more guests and avoid this should you like to book with us in the future. I hope we can welcome you back to Liverpool soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We checked in on Friday evening and were a little late for a function due to traffic jams. I went into the bathroom to shower and found that the shower get bottle was covered in brown sticky 'stuff' I didn't want to hazzard a guess as to what it was. Luckily I had brought a bottle of my own shower gel. I then went to brush my teeth and found that there was green mucus stuck to the sink from the previous occupant. I reported this as we left and housekeeping re-cleaned the room while we were out. I came back in the early hours of the morning the find that there were black marks on the sheet of my bed and the duvet cover was ironed in the middle but the edges were very creased and still damp. I didn't raise this at the time as I was too tired to bother but having stayed at Raddison hotels before, I foolishly expected the same high standards and was very disappointed. Some of the staff in the restaurant and on reception looked like they could have done with having their uniforms laundered. Not a great first impression for guests. I will say that most of the staff we did speak to were very polite and helpful. Not sure if we will return.

Dear Calwelsh,

Thank you taking the time to give us your feedback we always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially if there are any improvements we can make to ensure they enjoy their stay. I must apologise for your experience with us here, it does not sound like the high standards we are used to having at Radisson Blu and I will ensure I take your issues up with our housekeeping manager and that we correct this for you. All our staff are friendly and helpful to all our guests and I myself am very disappointed that you did not receive a good first impression from them during your stay. This is definitely something I will speak to our head of departments regarding. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please contact our Front Office Manager here in Liverpool,
Chris Wormald – chris.wormald@radissonblu.com.

newon-le-willows
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Just spent at night at this hotel. Excellent hotel. We were here for The Giants spectacular. The hotel is clean. The staff can't do enough for you. A lovely atmosphere in the hotel. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to ny friends.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Joan S,

Thank you so much for your amazing 5 star review! It’s a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us at Radisson Blu Liverpool. I am so glad that you found the hotel atmosphere and staff relaxed and lovely and I hope you enjoyed the Giant Spectacular in the city this weekend! I do hope that you have another reason to come back and visit us again soon!

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The whole hotel is nice. The bar food is exceptional and the gym is excellent. All the staff are friendly. The only downside is that the air con in the rooms is not very good. The big screen in the bar is good for sport

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stephen A,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback, I am delighted to hear that the bar food was exceptional during your stay and that you had the chance to enjoy the gym also! I apologise that the air conditioning did not seem up to standard in your room, I will ensure maintenance are made aware of this as they are in the process of replacing any systems with faults and are on site at the hotel to check any issues during your stay. I hope this does not discourage you from staying with us again in the near future.