“Very Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #49 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
London
“Very Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. Had no complaints at all. Room was clean and spacious. The air con worked well which was good given the heat. The staff were very friendly upon check in, in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast and when checking out. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom nice and modern with decent toiletries. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
LBAZH, Guest Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear NostromoLondon,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it is always a pleasure to hear from guests who have enjoyed their stay with us whether it is for business or leisure trips.

I hope you get the chance to visit us again soon and explore more of what Liverpool and Radisson Blu has to offer.

Ruth Sherlock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Cheshire
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here for my Wife's birthday. Very friendly staff, hotel very clean and modern. Brilliantly situated for Liverpool One, bars and restaurants. Great mini- break in a city that has re-dicovered itself as a vibrant, exciting destination.

Room Tip: Overlooking the docks was fantastic!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Bigbus330,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review of our hotel, and of Liverpool!

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Radisson Blu Liverpool and that you found everything to your liking. I will pass on your lovely comments about your staff they are always greatly appreciated.

I hope you get another chance to visit us again soon and discover more of what the city has to offer.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Trip advisor need an extra rating tab as this place isn't average however it's also not ' very' good but it's good.

It's nice and modern and what you would expect from a better than average chain. I stay here a few times a year and also their other hotels in other cities, rooms are spacious and clean. One comment would be the noise as I think you get a fair few stag/hen parties here. Only a few rooms have baths so make sure you request one if you feel you need one rather than a shower.

The female staff seem extremely pleasant and friendly and the male seem less so generally - not sure why - maybe us women are just a bit more chatty!

Good for business or pleasure

Room Tip: Maybe ask if they have any hen/stag parties in to put you on a different floor. It's not always...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LittleSally2014,

Thank you for your lovely review, we do pride ourselves her at Radisson Blu as being a renowned 4* Star hotel and I am a little disappointed you didn’t get that feeling during your stay with us.

All of our standard rooms do have a bath in the bathroom facilities. It is only our accessible rooms that we offer that have complete wet rooms, which can be requested.

I must say that on a weekend we do welcome a lot more leisure guests and sometimes this does include hen and stag parties. We do try to ensure that this does not infringe on our other guests if they are looking for a quiet relaxing weekend away, however I am aware the atrium style of the building can carry noise which we do try to keep to minimum where possible.

I would hope that you find all our staff friendly and approachable, even the male ones.

We hope to welcome you back to Liverpool again soon.

Lancs UK
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed on the Saturday night of the Giants weekend, so it was predictable that the hotel would be busy.
I telephoned the hotel on the Wednesday evening before, to book a valet car park space. On arrival, reception staff told me they had no record of my car park booking, which was a disappointing start to our stay. However the gentleman receptionist diligently sorted this out and took care of our car.
The room was nice, although the toilet didn't flush properly (room 724). The bed was very comfortable though - lovely.
We returned to the hotel in the evening at around 9pm and went to the restaurant to dine, however we were told they were fully booked and could not accommodate us, even though we were resident - disappointing. We went to the bar and ordered a bar snack - there were 4 of us, and the standard of the food served was pretty poor for a 4 star hotel and not good value.
We ordered a bottle of wine and the wine glasses were all different shapes and sizes. Two of the glasses had just been washed and not dried properly - they were passed to me, and they were still wet and sticky as they had not been washed in hot enough water, so i had to ask for these to be changed - disappointing. No-one was collecting glasses or clearing tables, so the bar was a bit untidy.
Breakfast was good, but we were in the restaurant fairly early, so there was a full selection available.
I wouldn't stay here if I was paying full price, but if it was on a special offer I might be persuaded.
In summary - nice hotel in a good location, but the attention to detail and the service needs to be improved.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear AliLancsUK,

I must first apologise for your disappointment in arriving and there not being a parking space booked in for you, the valet service is limited and usually full on a weekend due to many guests who do pre-book. I can only think there was a mistake made along the way which I will take up with our Front Office Manager and his team to ensure a situation like this does not happen again. I am glad to hear that it was resolved quickly for you and that the room was to your liking.

I can again only apologise for your experience in the bar, I will certainly pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage manager to investigate this further and discuss how we can improve upon the standards you observed. I do hope that this has not dissuaded you from booking with us again in the future, we have a lot more to offer and never wish for any of our guests to be disappointed in their stay.

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here on the 25th July we arrived very early (9.00) to drop our bags off but the very helpful receptionist informed us there was room available to check in to early, which was great as we was even given a choose on the floor we was on. On arrival to our room we was very impressed, very bright, very clean and vey comfortable. We found the ice machine on the floors although the one on the 9th floor didn't work ( but not the end of the world). We didn't eat in the hotel all though we did have plenty of cocktails! There was a long wait for the cocktails but they was well worth it, every one must try the Brambles and the strawberry fizz!
We arrived at breakfast at 9:30 and I was a little disappointed their was no clean tables even though the restaurant wasn't to busy and had to wait, but I must say it was their was a lovey selection of good quality food.
I really enjoyed my stay and would defiantly stay again.
Thank you to all the staff for the warm welcoming stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a dock view, its great watching the ships come in and out.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Megan S,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review, it is a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at Radisson Blu, Liverpool. I will certainly pass on your comments to our staff about your warm welcoming stay, it does mean a lot. It is great to hear that the cocktails were as delicious as they sound on the menu and that breakfast, other than a short wait, was to your satisfaction also. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future for another great stay.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Huge comfy beds. Good sized room. Lovely view of the Mersey from our room on the 5th floor. Staff were lovely and very helpful.

Hotel is located in a nice area of Liverpool and an easy walk into the city centre for shopping, food etc. Tesco Express and Sainsburys Local just down the road. Only slight criticism is the pool was really cold and our 12 week old boy wasn't too impressed!

As recommended in a previous review, we parked in the Capital car park which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and £12.50 for 24 hours which we didn't think was too bad.

Would definitely recommend and hope to stay again soon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jimmy_Jazz,

Thank you taking the time to write your review. Our river view rooms do offer our guests the chance to see right over the Mersey, especially from a higher floor. We are ideally located for shopping and all the local attractions, just a ten minute walk from the city centre itself. I apologise the pool was a little cold, I will pass this over to our ARK Spa and Fitness manager to assess. I hope we can welcome you back again soon to Radisson Blu, Liverpool.

Hamilton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel fri sat night and from the second we arrived to the second we left it was 5 star all the way the room fantastic and the view over the Mersey incredible within 10 min walk we were in the heart of the city cavern club city hall docks all within a5 to 10 minute leisurely stroll breakfast is a must you name it they have it the bar was comfortable and friendly we just couldn't fault this hotel it's simply a 10/10 and in future trips to liverpool we will be back at the radisson I can't praise them highly enough well done your standards are there for all to see you made our trip one of the best ever .

Room Tip: Try for a view over the Mersey it's breathtaking lots of activity on it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear John K,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review, it is a pleasure to read. I know myself and all the staff are always delighted to hear such kind comments and we do wish every guest to have as happy a stay as you did. Our location is as ideal for access to all the city centre attractions, just a few minutes walking. It is lovely to hear that everything from the room to the bar was to your satisfaction. I do hope we can warmly welcome you back in the near future.